The Neighbours Cat

bitsbobs

A couple of days ago we were at the inlaws and the neighbours cat came into the garden. My son (1.5 years old), his Grandad (70 years old) and I went into the garden.

Grandad took some cat biscuits so little Scott could get closer to the cat.

Anyway, Grandad kept referring to the cat as pussy. Saying things like "Isn't it a lovely pussy", "Stroke the pussy" etc. I had to hold back the laughter.

Is it just my warped mind or should I educate my Son to recognise vermin like cats as "Cats" and not "Pussy"

Also, should I educate his Grandad to say the same.

Lastly, lets hope the swear word filter doesn't bugger this thread up! :)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got told off for saying "doggy" etc,to my grandkids,I was told that they need to know the proper words,and did I want to be responsible for them to be ridiculed at school. :confused: :confused:

[ 04. May 2004, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: nursejudy ]

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

I have always looked at it this way, why teach a child to say things like doggie, pussy cat, moo cow, bah lamb, brumm brumm, etc., when the child having got used to these names, has to change to the proper one.

Make it easy on the adult and child and start correctly in the first place.

quote:

Is it just my warped mind or should I educate my Son to recognise vermin like cats

Why do you call cats vermin?

Fly like a mouse

Run like a cushion

Be the small bookcase!!

Never liked cats and never will. They untidy the garden and scratch the cars. I really hate it in summer when I see them on my car stretching their front legs and then their back legs whilst digging in their claws. Straight out there with a cup of water or hot tea, whichever is closer to hand.

Must be in my Genes.

[ 04. May 2004, 11:29 PM: Message edited by: bitsbobs ]

Cats...instinctive killers of everything that moves.....sprayers of cars and everything that does not move........scratcher's of furniture and hands (if your not quick enough).....lazy and self centred.....hairs all over the place especially if you have company coming round.......muddy footprints all over the floor and worktops.....(they are not allowed on the worktops) but when you go out so does the rule book.

I have three of them and love them to bits.

It takes longer for the river to get to the sea than it does for a man to make an error.

Guest Ferret1959

DON'T MENTION BLOODY CATS.

Pussy I don't mind though. :)

Oh please don't mention bloody pussy.

(Mods can edit if needed. :):) )