Largemouth Bass: suitable lure-fishing tackle

The Diamond Geezer

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, lure-wise, and in the absence of other guidance from ANers even in the USA, off my own bat, I have suggested that they get [& for me too ]

a) Some top-water lures: Jitterbug, Woodchopper; Pop-R, Frog-mimics, Zara Spook, SkitterPop etc

B) Spinnerbaits: a lot ! e.g. ReedRunners & Bushwhackers

c) Shallow, medium & deep-diving and suspending plugs e.g. Rapalas, Shads & Minnows & Husky-jerks, up to about 11 or maybe even 13 cm

d) Jigs, rubber worms & lizards etc

DG

Good selection. Good advice.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

quote:

Originally posted by captain cojones:

are there any waters in the u.k that have black bass? we have them here in spain, and they are the best thing since sliced bread. or should i say beer!! :D

Surely you mean that they are los cojones del pero :D:D

Sliced bread is mierda

DG

[ 18. April 2004, 09:49 PM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

DG - depends on the mood. If I want to move around, largemouth bass. If I want to anchor or sit on the shore, catfish, carp, buffalo are it.

If I lived where there were pike and smallmouth bass, they would be on the agenda as well but too warm down here.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President