Out of work............DOH!

Colin Payne

Colin, More power to you, wont pay your mortgage I know, but as has been said, at least you will sleep ,I think a word (even Anonymously) with the Commissionars might do the trick. Who wants to be a passenger on a death trap.It might be my Kids..... :mad: :mad:

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have an employment contract with this company this is undoubtably constructive dismissal and your in for a lot of compen my friend . Seek legal advice, which suprizing enough, the unemployment office will give you.

but i think colin has said he just want to leave the whole episode behind and move on, why drag it through the courts for compensaton? i agree something should be said about the roadworthiness of the coaches which i belive can be done very simply without fear of reprisals, if you need further advice on how to do this i would recommend the CAB or citizens advice. I think id be of the same thinking as just leave it behind,

Visit our NEW FISHING Website (now updatedANGLERS-TALES

And there's me thinking that Yoxer was the most vehement anti compensation/benefits campaigner on the planet.

Paul

No employment contract as I was employed on a self employed basis although in word only I worked for him fulltime. Yesterday I worked for a different chap and one of the school runs is from the same school as one from the previous(cowboy) boss. Lo and behold as I drive in my old coach is there. I have a chat with the new driver and tell him why I left to be told he was asked not to touch the wipers! I told him all the other faults and said he was mad to carry on with it. He had worked for him(cowboy)before, and knew he had had problems with the ministry as regards maintenance!

So with that behind me a firm who I had previously worked with found out I was looking again, got in touch and I start with them Monday...fulltime, on the books and more importantly I know the coaches are very well kept with full garage facilities on site. In 25 years of business they have only had one coach fail MOT which was for a part that they couldn't replace in time but had to put it in as MOT slots are very hard to come by. They got the part a day later and just took it back for a 5 minute check.

Colin(happy again)

p.s Oh and course I've got the weekend off so guess where I'll be!!

I am dyslexic of Borg, refistance is sutile.............your ass will be laminated!

Walk tall, walk straight and look the World right in the eye!

That's how the song went, I think, and you can do that, Colin!

[ 17. June 2004, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: Jim Roper ]

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

I am totaly against benifits in the context that I have expressed them . They are a forcefully extracted burdon to every tax payer dished out at the drop of a hat to every pathetic parasite who bungs in a claim for them.

A friend left her job late last year. ( Her employers were taking the **** however thats besides the point in this tale.)Friend had been daignosed with ME but dosnt have , in her words , any major problems . She had requested reduced working hours , was refused but was allowed to take her holday entitlements at a rate of 1 morning off per week over several weeks, whenever she thought things were getting a bit much. She realised that she could no longer cope with the increasing workload her employers were placing on her due to the inevitable staff cut backs and handed in her notice. She signed on, not expecting any benifits as she had volentarily left her employment. Anyhow to cut to the chase here, the unemployment office advised her to go on the sick, which her doctor agreed to, and to also put in a claim against her employers for something I have forgotten the legal term for.Her trade union handled this aspect and she was awarded 18k .After several weeks on the sick , which she accepts she neither wanted or needed and after applying for a few new jobs , she obtained one.With no enquiries from herself the unemployment office gets in touch with her and inquires whether she knows that if she returns to work she is entitled to 40 quid a week tax free for a year , oh and by the way would you like a 200 quid allowance incase you need a few things for starting a new job . Now , and this is the whole point behind the benifit system , not only was my friends bank account stuffed with money prior to the 18k windfall, but she has now realised what an absolute mugs game it is to work for a living, when mugs paying taxes allow them to be used in this way.