Sue and Chris Harris

Leon Roskilly

A few folks here will have met Sue and Chris on such occasions as Lure Angling Society fish-ins etc, and will have started their lure collections by buying their lures from them, always with helpful, freindly advice and efficient service.

Having sold up and retired, they are now at:

http://www.steppingstonesbelize.com/

Living the kind of life we all dream of.

A fantastic article by Sue and Chris, describuing their new life in Belize, in the latest Tackle and Guns magazine ends in "We would love to hear from anyo of our old friends and customers"

Their Blog at: http://www.steppingstonesbelize.blogspot.com/ is a good read

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Good on 'em, I say. Sue was always very helpful and it's nice to see somebody doing well in life.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• 2 months later...
Sue is asking for help with this petition

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/exploitat...hery#signatures

Signed :)

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Signed :)

But really have we any right to try and influence something that is happening on the other side of the Atlantic based purely on an ex lure sellers opinion? I presume John (not picking on you here in particular mate just that yours was the last post!) that you don't fish there regularly or are privy to all the details?

A bit "Devils Advocate" but do you see what Im getting at?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

But really have we any right to try and influence something that is happening on the other side of the Atlantic based purely on an ex lure sellers opinion? I presume John (not picking on you here in particular mate just that yours was the last post!) that you don't fish there regularly or are privy to all the details?

A bit "Devils Advocate" but do you see what Im getting at?

I have signed, because of my regard for Sue & Chris, but it struck me that the Harris's are foreigners in someone else's country, having bought their way in. I would think, in hindsight, that their petition is somewhat devalued by signees from so far afield.

I have signed, because of my regard for Sue & Chris, but it struck me that the Harris's are foreigners in someone else's country, having bought their way in. I would think, in hindsight, that their petition is somewhat devalued by signees from so far afield.

Yes I had that thought too, but then I had this from Sue

Thanks, please continue to rattle. We have managed to get the Jamaicans stopped, but it's only the fist battle in a long fight. We need all the support we can get, this is a small country, just 350,000 people, many poor, so the number of people who can "get up, stand up" is small. and the number of issues is sometimes overwhelming!

Report of the initial meeting in the local paper at: http://www.amandala.com.bz/index.php?id=9358

There is also a paper petition circulating in Belize where those many people without access to the internet can use their own voice.

Chris and Sue are very much involved in the local community, and not just on issues like this, but plenty of fun and community things as well.

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust