New Royalty Barbel Record falls to my work colleague

sparky75

Just thought i would post this if anyone is interested

My work colleague Brian has just returned from a two day stint on the Royalty in the search for a Barbel of any description as he had never caught one. Brian and two freinds were biteless on the first day and things were not looking great :angry: , however on day two Brian decided that if the barbel were not going to show he would try for a nice Chub and tried a bread as a hookbait, and no more than 5 minutes later he hooked into what he first thought was a nice chub, however it turned out that this was no chub and was actually a very nice Barbel weighing in at 16lbs and 6 ozs :thumbs: This caused mayhem on the bankside with other anglers flocking around to see the fish and ask questions about how it had been caught and on what bait. And as you can imagine when he said that he had never even caught a Barbel before and that it had been caught on bread they were all gobsmacked and might i add a little bit envious. Anyway i have attached a picture for all to see.

Enjoy

Mark

post-16048-1256818536_thumb.jpg

That won't count as a record, novice barbel angler using bread :yucky: . How very non PC :clap: . Well done that man !!

Ps a cane rod and centre pin would really rub it in

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

My work colleague Brian has just returned from a two day stint on the Royalty in the search for a Barbel of any description as he had never caught one. Brian and two freinds were biteless on the first day and things were not looking great :angry: , however on day two Brian decided that if the barbel were not going to show he would try for a nice Chub and tried a bread as a hookbait, and no more than 5 minutes later he hooked into what he first thought was a nice chub, however it turned out that this was no chub and was actually a very nice Barbel weighing in at 16lbs and 6 ozs :thumbs: This caused mayhem on the bankside with other anglers flocking around to see the fish and ask questions about how it had been caught and on what bait. And as you can imagine when he said that he had never even caught a Barbel before and that it had been caught on bread they were all gobsmacked and might i add a little bit envious. Anyway i have attached a picture for all to see.

Enjoy

Mark

An excellent specimen. That's the sort of fish dreams are made of.

Give my congratulations to your colleague Brian

Nathan

Enjoy

Mark

Amendment to post

The weight of 16lbs 6ozs was later confirmed at 16lbs 7ozs as the scales were 1 ounce light

Congratulations to Brian a cracking fish for the Royalty, well any river! I was only thinking yesterday that it is great barbel fsihing weather, all we need now is the rain and it looks as if we may get it at the weekend. :thumbs:

Please pass on my congratrs to your friend for a catch of a lifetime.

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

Nathan,

Why don't you ask sparky75 directly? You're posting from the same PC.

Anyone want to tell me where the photo really came from, before I delete this thread?

Cheers,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Nathan,

Anyone want to tell me where the photo really came from, before I delete this thread?

Cheers,

Elton

Hi Elton

This isn't actually the same PC but we work at the same company but in different departments.

You can check the Angling times next week or go on to davistackle's web for the story see link http://www.davistackle.co.uk/fisherynews/r...tober-2009.html

Regards

Nathan

Nathan,

Cheers,

Elton

I can assure you that this fish is real as is the photo Elton

We are not posting from the same pc but we do work at the same company but in different departments and think that is what is confusing you.

Check the Angling times next week and in the meantime you can see the fish here

http://www.davistackle.co.uk/fisherynews/r...tober-2009.html

Mark