Chub fish-in

Will Wilkinson

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Folks,

very sorry for the long delay in updating the thread - I've been off-line for nearly three weeks due to a series of hardware failures (1st PSU and RAID, then Motherboard and Video). Now got a new system built and am back.

I'm still happy to run a session this Saturday if there's still interest, however the Ousel is not fishing at all well at the moment and the chub are very hard to find. Also due to changes in plans for the summer I'm now around during August so can offer significantly more dates.

Suggested dates are now:

Saturday 28th June (If anyone still wants this date), I can't do the Sunday now unfortunately.

One of

Saturday 26th / Sunday 27th July / Saturday 9th / Sunday 10th August

Plus one of

Saturday 6th / Sunday 7th / Saturday 20th / Sunday 21st September

I'll be fishing this Saturday in any case, but am more likely to go for the Ouse than the Ousel as it's fishing slightly better (still not very well though, we desperately need some significant rainfall here) - If anyone still wants to come then PM me before Friday lunchtime and I'll send maps/directions, meet up will most likely be 07:30-08:00 at the car park off Simpson Drive.

Once again apologies for the long delay in providing an update.

Tight Lines

Will

Edited by Will Wilkinson

Folks,

very sorry for the long delay in updating the thread - I've been off-line for nearly three weeks due to a series of hardware failures (1st PSU and RAID, then Motherboard and Video). Now got a new system built and am back.

I'm still happy to run a session this Saturday if there's still interest, however the Ousel is not fishing at all well at the moment and the chub are very hard to find. Also due to changes in plans for the summer I'm now around during August so can offer significantly more dates.

Suggested dates are now:

Saturday 28th June (If anyone still wants this date), I can't do the Sunday now unfortunately.

One of

Saturday 26th / Sunday 27th July / Saturday 9th / Sunday 10th August

Plus one of

Saturday 6th / Sunday 7th / Saturday 20th / Sunday 21st September

I'll be fishing this Saturday in any case, but am more likely to go for the Ouse than the Ousel as it's fishing slightly better (still not very well though, we desperately need some significant rainfall here) - If anyone still wants to come then PM me before Friday lunchtime and I'll send maps/directions, meet up will most likely be 07:30-08:00 at the car park off Simpson Drive.

Once again apologies for the long delay in providing an update.

Tight Lines

Will

Saturday 20th September is the only one of those date I can do. July/August we are away on Scilly/Cornwall, well we will be down there for almost a month this year :clap2::clap2: and as I said before the 6th Sept is my junior barbel fish in. Hope you have some luck this weekend.

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

Saturday 20th September is the only one of those date I can do. July/August we are away on Scilly/Cornwall, well we will be down there for almost a month this year :clap2::clap2: and as I said before the 6th Sept is my junior barbel fish in. Hope you have some luck this weekend.

lyn

OK then, I'll set the weekend of 20/21st September as the late weekend dates - both days for now, however I'll hope to make Saturday 20th the main one. Do you need tutors for the Barbel fish in? I rather enjoyed it last time and would be happy to help again (should also have my Non Police Personnel Vetting by then if it helps - this includes CRB checks).

Will

OK then, I'll set the weekend of 20/21st September as the late weekend dates - both days for now, however I'll hope to make Saturday 20th the main one. Do you need tutors for the Barbel fish in? I rather enjoyed it last time and would be happy to help again (should also have my Non Police Personnel Vetting by then if it helps - this includes CRB checks).

Will

Thanks for the offer, I will let you know nearer the time. I really missed it last year as we had to cancel because of the foot & mouth. I met the 'twins' in A&E the other day! I had taken Liam in when he came off his bike. The photos should be on the Farnham web site soon.

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

• 1 month later...

Hi there, this is a stretch of water I know very well. I have had a few 7's out of there normally over the winter months. If a date has been set for september, I would like to tag along just to meet some of you and keep you away from my hot spots :D

I am not a member of Mk anymore as I fish a local patie lake in Quainton near Aylesbury.

If you need to know where the 7's actually hang out send me a pm.

I have pics of some of my catches in the fishing section of the forum I mod on, if the wife is in a good mood tomorrow I will ask her to put them on here for me as well. I am not good with PC's really, fishing rods and shotguns are fine though.

Tony

Fishing and shooting are my passion, you can also find me on www.roughshooter.com

• 2 weeks later...

Is this one still happening?

I'm pretty local to MK and I'd be interested in meeting up sometime this Autumn: a barbel is one of my targets still to be reached for this year! Chub fishing would be very welcome too.

Edited by Pangolin

You meet all kinds of animal on the riverbank.

Is this one still happening?

I'm pretty local to MK and I'd be interested in meeting up sometime this Autumn: a barbel is one of my targets still to be reached for this year! Chub fishing would be very welcome too.

Good question mate, I will be going over there through the winter after the elusive 8lb er's I have seen, just need to renew my MK ticket.

Tony

Fishing and shooting are my passion, you can also find me on www.roughshooter.com

• 2 weeks later...

I have sent the OP a PM about it as most of the dates have now passed.

Tony

I have sent the OP a PM about it as most of the dates have now passed.

Tony

No reply to PM :angry:

WTF

Tony