Timsbury

lyn

Re Dens comments about out of season fish.Well as said they are accidental (mostly unavoidable) captures and I don't believe come to any great harm the way most coarse anglers handle fish.

However I don't think its a good idea to publicise that we do catch their beloved trout! accidentally or not! My experience of pike fishing trout waters has clearly shown me that most game fishers and game fishery managers are convinced that we only want to fish their waters so we can catch and take their trout! In most cases it couldn't be further from the truth but still best not to add any fuel to their belief.Wouldn't mind the "No photo" rule has more to do with this than any other concerns.Simply not good for the fisheries relationship with its prime customers ie the trout anglers.And if you look at the price they pay to fish the same stretch in season you will soon see why our business is a very poor second even at the day ticket we pay.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rather belated, due to personal circumstances, but thanks to both Tony and Sue and all those who made a foul (weather) day into a fantastic fish-in. Also thanks for everyone's condolences and best wishes.

I had my best day so far on the Test, not many grayling and the best slipped the hook, but fish from all three areas - Slow feeder, fast feeder and main river. Grayling to just short of the pound (the one that slipped the hook just shy of the net looked to be twice this), trout to over 3 1/2lb and a solitary perch (less than 2oz). Christened my recently built Harrisons 15' GTI SU nicely :-)

Will