Neoprene wader repair

Jim Roper

A mouse has chewed a couple of holes in my chest waders.

I have got hold of some Gorilla Glue, but am wondering if it will be flexible enough when cured.

Anybody with experience of it's use?

I got some Gorilla Tape also. It's wide enough to cover the holes, but will it do the job?

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Gorilla glue is more of a timber adhesive, although it will stick many things quite well I don't think it's particularly flexible, it also foams to some degree which will tend to push things apart unless held firmly all over.

Something more like Evostik 528 (contact adhesive) will be better, but aren't there dedicated adhesives for neoprene wader repair?

cut the holes perfectly square ,get some cheap neopreane of simular thickness (reel case etc) cut too the same size squares as the holes ,then use superglue too glue in the squares into the square holes (leave to dry) then run a bead of glue over the seam of the patch

the neoprene will soak up any slow activating glues like a sponge

may not be the most flexable repair but it will work ,and quite well in a none stressed areas ,areas such as heels it may not last too long .

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

I've also heard of Aquseal Neoprene glue. I think I'll visit a local dive shop to see what they have. The waders have layer of fibrous insulation on the inside, not the normal fishing wader.

http://www.lacrossefootwear.com/product/re...ak-up+waders.do

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

I have a pair which have a quite large tear (sharp rock) on the boot (welly) bit. the damage came during the busy fishin' time in the summer so I just bought a new pair. Any tips on patching up the just rubber not neoprene boot?

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

I have a pair which have a quite large tear (sharp rock) on the boot (welly) bit. the damage came during the busy fishin' time in the summer so I just bought a new pair. Any tips on patching up the just rubber not neoprene boot?

Superglue the torn edges together then make a patch to cover the damaged area out of a bit of old innertube. Glue that on with puncture repair adhesive!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Superglue the torn edges together then make a patch to cover the damaged area out of a bit of old innertube. Glue that on with puncture repair adhesive!

Thanks, I'll give it a go, and then test 'em in a warm bath...the lake is too cold.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"