B'ham city lake tackle robberies please read

Tony 1

Tony, I appreciate that you're just reporting what you see in print, I also moderate a forum so i know how these things work. The asian connection whilst not in your thread has however 'crept' into the conversation and the story I heard last year had a distinctly racist flavour. It was meant to. The fact that a small lynch mob has now formed should suggest that until something more substantial is known it might be practical not to make an issue of it. Already some think that this happened to a close friend of yours when in fact its a friend of someone you dont know on a forum. Its now presumably being passed onto other forums and by friday it will have reached yet more forums with all sorts of bits added on. We've added on a few bits already.

[ 21. April 2004, 09:14 PM: Message edited by: argyll ]

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

Sorry, but I am a bit confused here.

What would be the motivation for making a story up like this, if it is not true?.

I must be a bit naive because I can not see the prifit in it. I would be greatfull if someone could wise me up in plain English.

Thanks Liam.

"Wisdom is the knowledge of how little we know"

Barbelangler.co.uk

quote:

Taken from a board I Moderate

To all members that fish in the Birmingham areas

I know I love a laugh and a joke but this time I'm not joking

last weekend a very good mate was fishing at salford park (near j6 m6)

Argyll,

Read the above and then look at what you've said. I, for one, didn't realise that we were treading on political eggshells here, perhaps we might be taking this out of context just a touch?

Paul

I'm not sure which bit of what I said, you refer to Paul. But I dont see any political eggshells Paul and theres nothing PC about my view.

But you're right people are taking it out of context. What I'm suggesting is that this story is not exactly new and thats what makes me believe it may not be true. If so then talk of slicing off parts of their anatomy, hanging, kneecapping and all of the other stuff might be a little premature. Wouldn't you agree ?

Gerry Castles

[ 21. April 2004, 10:48 PM: Message edited by: argyll ]

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

I live near to brum and i have seen in the local paper were the police have been called to Salford park on number of occasions through someone living in the flats close by using the fishermen on there for target practice with an high powered air rifle, as far as I know they have yet to arrest anyone.This I know to be true one my members was fishing on our canal playing a fish (a carp estimated to be 8/9lbs)when he was approached by 5 youths of mixed race they grabbed the rod out of his hand, pushed him in the canal, broke the line and made of with all his tackle. We managed the next day to capture the carp and untether it from the line.

We are still looking for the culprits and as per usual the police were not interested.Going back to the issue concerning the brummie bunch see how many fish Edgbaston reservoir it was always full. I used to go twice a week not anymore

A wise man learns by a fools mistakes, a fool by his own

A lot of this is not new.

I was used as target practice by some youths using airguns at Colwick/Radcliffe viaducts on the banks of the Trent 25 years ago.They were on the Colwick bank.All I could do was lie down until they got bored.

As far as robberies go there were several on midlands and North west Carp waters a few years ago reported in Carptalk magazine.

I don't want to get into the ethnic backgrounds of those concerned because I don't know.

It pays to be careful wherever you fish.

DF

i did not say these attacks happenend yesterday or last week the one in wardend park did happen about three years ago and was reported in the evening mail and on local radio. i am not a trouble maker or a racist and belong to no political party.i`m sorry if i have upset one or two of you but that was not my intention.the cs gas attack also happenend about three or four years ago and was also reported in the evening mail.once again i am sorry if i upset some of you.

Bluezulu, I think people are getting their wires crossed mate. I don't think you have upset anyone, you have reported a documented fact mate. I am still trying to establish the truth behind my original post.Once I find out I will let everyone know.

Anyway I thought bluenoses were banned from this forum :P up the Villa :D

Regards Tony.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."