B'ham city lake tackle robberies please read

Tony 1

Taken from a board I Moderate

To all members that fish in the Birmingham areas

I know I love a laugh and a joke but this time I'm not joking

last weekend a very good mate was fishing at salford park (near j6 m6)

he was approached by 6 youths and beaten so badly he is now in intensive care

his crime..... fishing and owning tackle that he worked hard for that pure scum believe to be theirs

the local police have admitted this is not an isolated attack and not on the same venue

other venues have included the inner city canal system, edgebaston res.

please, please do not fish these venues in groups of less than 4 adults

these scum will use EXTREME violence and do not care

lets hope they get caught and hung

if nobody bought nicked gear they wouldn't steal it DO NOT BUY STOLEN GEAR

ps just got back from hospital and he has only regained feeling below his waist today

will be at least 4 months for him to come home

be warned

i myself am 6'4" ex para and i wouldn't have a go after what i have seen

good luck to you all

martd

[ 21. April 2004, 11:40 PM: Message edited by: Tony C ]

Regards Tony.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad news indeed.having had personal experience of assault on a member of my family,even if caught,the likely punishment probably wont fit the crime.I must admit that I would not even consider fishing in certain area's down here in the south on my own,particularily those around the town area's on the thames.

I know it is no consolation,but i am a firm beleiver in the addage that what goes round ,comes round,and at some point it will,maybee later perhaps,but it will(perhaps they will suffer later in life and die a long ,slow and painfull death).

Hope your mate recovers soon.

regards,Chuby.

A sign of the times I'm afraid. Whilst the state is happy to keep these people on the streets it can only get worse. Hope your mate recovers and doesn't lose sight of what's important.

[ 20. April 2004, 09:50 PM: Message edited by: Paul_D ]

Paul

Kleinboet, Tony is 6'4'' and he has said he

would not have a go and an ex para,that says

it all, so lets hope the law can catch them,

There are firearms still around and that place

is the most likelly, I go fishing with my son

who is 36 ex coldstream guard, if faced with

this situation,we both would try to get out

fast.

Tony sorry about your mate, keep us informed

on his progress. Dave

I know salford park well and live only a couple of miles from the place.I used to fish salford most weekends in years gone by.I would not go near the place now. I have heard plenty of tales of fishermen being assaulted not only at salford , not so long ago a group of fishermen were badly beaten by a gang of asain youths in ward end park. and there was a cs gas canister thrown in to a bivie at salford and the anglers tackle stolen.I work in a building on the bank of the fazley canal just up the road from salford park and have fished there a couple of times on my own but i must admit to never feeling at ease and i`m always watchful of people walking the tow path.Its a shame because the fishing on the canal and at salford park is very,very good but it looks like the thugs are winning and stopping real people from enjoying some excellent sport right on our own doorsteps.No doubt the thugs will have made enough money to keep them selves in drugs for at least a couple of days.Then its back to the park to pick on their next victim.SCUM!!!Hope your mate gets well soon Tony.

Hi Tony,i am sorry to hear about your friend's attack by these "animals". I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery. With any luck these "low lifes" will be caught and given the long prison sentence they deserve. Best regards, Dennis......

I hope the fellow in IC makes as quick a recovery as possible .As for the cowards who attacked him I hope they are caught and found guilty of attempted murder.

[ 21. April 2004, 07:02 AM: Message edited by: rob.i ]

when you think you know everything think again....