Guess What? We Pay Taxes, Too!

Elton

Had to laugh at a line in this article:

"Many people will no doubt be surprised to learn of valuable public money being used to promote outdated 'sports' that involve terrifying, injuring or killing wild animals for entertainment."

This individual seems to think that the 'public' that this money comes from is entirely made up of individuals who share his blinkered view of the world. I'm quite surprised by a lot of the things public money is spent on, but I don't whine about it. Well, not too often.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

And I bet the doddering old fart doesn't also realise that this so called 'entertainment' results in some bloody great grub on the plate. 'Deerstalking, Pheasant shooting and Salmon fishing'.

I think it's a great idea. Good on the Scottish Country Sports Tourism Group! More of the same please throughout the entire UK!

Had to laugh at a line in this article:

This individual seems to think that the 'public' that this money comes from is entirely made up of individuals who share his blinkered view of the world. I'm quite surprised by a lot of the things public money is spent on, but I don't whine about it. Well, not too often.

I see the reference to catch and release has cropped up yet again.

"Many people will no doubt be surprised to learn of valuable public money being used to promote outdated 'sports' that involve terrifying, injuring or killing wild animals for entertainment."

The anti's favourite, and most effective, weapon

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

What about 'shoot and release' Steve?

This article clearly focusses on Grouse shooting, Pheasant shooting, Deerstalking and Salmon fishing. All of which are kept for the table. I don't think many (if any) salmon are released once caught in Scotland.

Yet again, like you say, the phrases used in this article are way out of line.

I know, I'm just amused that lots of us still think that taking fish for the table is less acceptable to non-anglers than catch and release, when in many cases the opposite is true.

I don't think many (if any) salmon are released once caught in Scotland.

All the main salmon rivers in Scotland do encourage catch & release. On some beats it is mandatory as far as I know.

I know, I'm just amused that lots of us still think that taking fish for the table is less acceptable to non-anglers than catch and release, when in many cases the opposite is true.

Oh, I don't know, Steve. Only those with their heads up their backsides think such things and, thankfully, they are they are but a small minority of anglers. Unfortunately, they are a very vocal minority.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Oh, I don't know, Steve. Only those with their heads up their backsides think such things and, thankfully, they are they are but a small minority of anglers. Unfortunately, they are a very vocal minority.

Sadly I disagree there mate I think its the majority who have their heads up their backsides still!

Whether they genuinely believe these things or simply "want to believe" them to soothe their own conscience I don't no.But I honestly believe that no matter how ironic it seems these people through their "blind" passion for their sport will ultimately destroy it.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!