Magazine articles

Anderoo

I'll have a look and be honest; if I don't rate it I'll be straight with them. It's happened in the past and now I don't get sent stuff anymore!!

Been there Clint and whats more if the particular company advertises with the magazine/paper their editors dont like it either!

Also been on a slightly different side as well when I had a tackle manufacturing company (Qwik Rigs) where I was often told by journos wanting to "review" an item "not to worry as if I sent them some samples they would write a good review"!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It must be because I am old fart but sorry I just giggle at the idea of some bloke trying to catch a carp from a windy gravel pit being sponsored. My idea of sponsorship is a Grand Prix car sponsored by Martini or Boss , not some baldy bloke wearing a free jacket saying ' Brian's brilliant baits' .

PS Mark W, I enjoy your writing, good to see you over here (do the other lot know? :P )

I've been lurking for a while; glad to hear you enjoy my writing!

I've been lurking for a while; glad to hear you enjoy my writing!

Can I also add some congratulations regarding the quality of your writing.

I've just read 'Chalk Stream Roach The Ultimate Challenge' and enjoyed (if somewhat enviously! )your chapter on the Dorset Frome.

You'll no doubt run into quite a few centrepin afficianados here who'll run down the humble fixed spool reel for trotting but other than that, it's a (normally!) friendly if lively forum.

Though I'll admit their constant whining about centrepins has made me invest in one too. :)

I look forward to more contributions on this forum from you Mark.

Edited by tiddlertamer

He was an old man who fished alone in a skiff in the Gulf Stream and he had gone eighty-four days without taking a fish. (Hemingway - The old man and the sea)

Do you know I am getting really tired of cull this cull that, poor hard done by commercial fisheries. I am making no more comments on the 'cull rubbish' nor the poor old 'commercial owners' nor the useless AT nor the Fishing Press nor the overstocking. I want to chat about fish, fishing, tackle, places to fish and that's it. Otherwise I can see a massive thread coming up about super sized kingfishers eating 40lb carp next

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God