Why so Slow Mozilla.

Norrie

Hiya, I just reinstalled Mozilla, and found out straight away why I initially dumped it...its really slowing things down on my PC...i.e. Pics take for ever...and to open a web page takes forever....looking at Ebay is a nightmare...

Any ideas why??

Thanks in advance guys..:)

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Norrie - since Firefox uses the mozilla engine, you might be running into some of the same issues Chris & I did with the latest FF version. Slow internet and some things that just don't work. It even screwed up the already somewhat slow performance of IE.

We both had to back off to an earlier version which does fine.

I pretty much have to run either FF & IE since eBay's selling pages don't play nice with any other browsers (Chrome, Safari, Opera) and some web sites won't work right with FF.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

My Firefox freezes for a few seconds at a time, all day long. It's becoming a real PITA :(

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Norrie - since Firefox uses the mozilla engine, you might be running into some of the same issues Chris & I did with the latest FF version. Slow internet and some things that just don't work. It even screwed up the already somewhat slow performance of IE.

We both had to back off to an earlier version which does fine.

I pretty much have to run either FF & IE since eBay's selling pages don't play nice with any other browsers (Chrome, Safari, Opera) and some web sites won't work right with FF.

Hi Newt..yep, your description is exactly whats happening to my PC....can you remember what version of Mozilla you installed...as this really only started after I downloaded an update to a version a couple of months ago!! it really is...( In Eltons Words..) a big PITA !! :)

Thanks again..:)

Theocritis..

Firefox shows it's using Mozilla 5.0 but that may not be exactly what is available other than as a part of FF where I'm back from 3.6 to 3.5.8.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Firefox shows it's using Mozilla 5.0 but that may not be exactly what is available other than as a part of FF where I'm back from 3.6 to 3.5.8.

Thanks Newt, I'll give it a try when i get home from work tonight..:)

All the best, and love to Jan..:)

Theocritis..

Thanks Newt, I'll give it a try when i get home from work tonight..:)

All the best, and love to Jan..:)

Hiya, welllll, installed version 3 of Mozilla, it slowed this PC right down...then, without my asking, or permission, it decided all of a sudden, and after about 5 mins of it being installed, to update itself to the latest version, result, PC even slower..so, its gone for good now...not interested in all the hassle..so back on good old I.E. :-)

Thanks for the help guys..:-)

Edited by Norrie

Theocritis..

strange i have the latest and its fine and i'm in the sticks far from real copper wires.

having a problem with something though if i use "reply" in a earlier post the box opens correctly but i cannot enter anything in it ,fast reply is fine :wacko:

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson