D-Spool Line Stripper

Anglers' Net

I could have done with something like this earlier today - I stripped all last season's line off (11 spools) by hand. It's my most pre-season hated task!

A close second is putting all the new line on - I've still got that to look forward to :rolleyes:

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

It ain't cheap though is it! For that price you could get one of the original Berkley line strippers and not have to have an electric drill! Nice simple idea (with being able to split the spool) but far to expensive for what it is.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

True, I wouldn't actually buy one. It probably took an hour or so to do all 11 spools by hand, but sitting in the garden for the first time for 6 months in the sun it went by pretty quickly :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Still do it with a razor blade, nice and simple

And potentially dangerous to you and your spool. If you can get one of the Berkeley line strippers that run off the C cell batteries it will meet all your needs. The smaller ones that run off the AA batteries don't seem to have the legs of their predecessor.

And potentially dangerous to you and your spool. If you can get one of the Berkeley line strippers that run off the C cell batteries it will meet all your needs. The smaller ones that run off the AA batteries don't seem to have the legs of their predecessor.

Whilst I can appreciate your concern re h&s, and particularly so if you are not used to using hand tools however, line strippers didn't exist 50 odd years ago so I have had plenty of practice over the intervening period and up to now no messed up spools. You only cut accross the middle of the line away from the sides of the spool which removes the bulk and makes it easy to remove the rest with scissors. The best tool of all I have found is a scalpel.