On line Fishing TV

tiddlertamer

I'm thinking of signing up for online fishing TV.

http://www.onlinefishing.tv/

It works out at under a fiver a month and includes classics such as A Passion for Angling along with some of its own exclusive shows.

I do enjoy angling TV and Discovery Shed has its moments but I've seen most of its shows quite a few times!

On the whole I'm only really interested in coarse river fishing but it looks like there's a few gems on the site including some early John Wilson after Norfolk river roach and a newer show looking at chub fishing on the Loddon.

Methinks the Fishomania shows aren't for me but I guess the channel owners have to appeal to as wide an audience as possible.

This subject may have been covered before but I'm sure the channel changes over time so any up-to-the minute views are welcomed. Anybody here signed up to it and what do you think of it?

Edited by tiddlertamer

He was an old man who fished alone in a skiff in the Gulf Stream and he had gone eighty-four days without taking a fish. (Hemingway - The old man and the sea)

I haven't signed up myself but I am also thinking about it. It seems like very good value and they appear to be adding new shows quite regularly. Would also be interested to see what a subscribers views are on it. N

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan

Fundamentally fishing is a philosophy. A philosophy of earth, and growth, and quiet places. In it there is a rule of life, a recognition of permanences. It makes you notice the little things of nature, wherever you may be. ~Bernard Venables

I used to subscribe, don't any more. Very few videos I found interesting, the early Wilson episodes (there are only two of them though) being the main exception. Give it a go, watch everything in 6 months (minimum initial term), and then decide if it's for you or not.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

You should get a fiver off if you use this page.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I found that after my initial 6 month subscription they didn't add new material often enough. So I switched to buying a 5 pack when there were 5 episodes of something I really wanted to watch. They take the **** a bit by splitting up what are normally broadcast as 1+hr episodes into 30 mins chunks :/

Tony

I see Rae Borras who was in the excellent 'Compleat Angler' with Geoffrey Palmer is presenting a couple of new programmes on the channel. Which is good news. A talented presenter so good to see him get more opportunities in front of the camera. I believe the new programmes include sea fishing in the Arctic and fluff chucking on a couple of rivers in the Ripon area of Yorkshire. Hopefully he'll get a programme on UK coarse fishing soon.

Mark Barrett, who regularly posts here, as well as writing a regular predator column in the Anglers Mail, also gets a chance to showcase his skills. I'm going to sign up via Elton's link and enjoy what's on offer.

He was an old man who fished alone in a skiff in the Gulf Stream and he had gone eighty-four days without taking a fish. (Hemingway - The old man and the sea)