SAA Press Release - Sleeping

Elton

waterman1013:

The NAA has no formal "link" with CA, just an understanding. It would not be fair of me to say more in public but we should probably talk at some point.

Mike

No formal link, just a formal understanding! I'm sorry Mike, I just think that this claim that a link isn't a link is totally laughable! I would be a lot happier if the the SAA were to stand up to the NAA and say 'hey boys, we want none of this.' I shall certainly be asking that from further down the line. I think the 'agreement' with the CA stinks. This link by any other name has done nothing but devide angling big time, and worse, draw attention to angling as an ally of fox hunting. Devided we fall, & the CA has certainly devided us. No question of it. I am quite certain that I am far from being alone in this opinion.

[ 26 March 2002, 11:21 PM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

having join Prince Albert a few years ago first thing i saw was A BALIFF with can in hand and 20yds from pegs **** heads will be **** heads asleep or not the mindless selfish few always spoil it carp men (such as I)always feel victamised mainly through their own doing FACT

[ 28 March 2002, 08:41 PM: Message edited by: Gaffer ]

New rules are usually laughable. Generally, I despise new rules that are unenforcable. Especially when old rules are not being enforced or are equally not enforcable. Can one doze on top of a zipped sleeping bag? Or, perhaps, sleep outside a zipped bivy?

Phone

Andy Macfarlane:

I usually tie a piece of string from my bite indicator to my big toe.zzzzzzzz! :P

Yes, there was an National Service aircraftman that did just that many years ago. He was stationed in the Lofoten Islands (Norway) and off duty, the lads would moor a lilo to the rocks, sunbathe on it, and fish for codling with two lines, one tied to each big toe.

One day this guy was asleep and his bait was taken, not by a three pound codling, but by a three-hundred pound halibut........

When they recovered his body, the halibut was still attached.

Not surprisingly, this too attracted a ban on sleeping whilst fishing from the CO.

PS If anyone says "pull the other one" - he never had a bite on the other line!

[ 30 March 2002, 02:07 AM: Message edited by: Vagabond ]

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...