Salter in the Telegraph

Leon Roskilly

I haven't much time for Martin Salter's politics, but fair's fair.

He was one of the few MPs who (according to The Daily Telegraph) did not claim a single penny in bogus "expenses"

There were some ill-informed (not to say crassly ignorant) comments posted on his blog that say otherwise.

I am sure AN posters won't make the same mistake.

BTW I still have a copy of the Daily Telegraph's "Complete Expenses Files" - so if anyone wants reminding of how their own MP performed, slip us a pm.

Edited by Vagabond

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

I haven't much time for Martin Salter's politics, but fair's fair.

He was one of the few MPs who (according to The Daily Telegraph) did not claim a single penny in bogus "expenses"

There were some ill-informed (not to say crassly ignorant) comments posted on his blog that say otherwise.

I am sure AN posters won't make the same mistake.

BTW I still have a copy of the Daily Telegraph's "Complete Expenses Files" - so if anyone wants reminding of how their own MP performed, slip us a pm.

He's still an ignorant arse when it comes to eating perfectly edible fish though! Unfortunately he carries those views into his politics without thought for anglers who like to eat the occasional fish. The fact that he might be honest in that he allegedly did not steal tax-payers money doesn't make him a beacon of honesty in my book!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

He spoke at our local angling club AGM on Thursday - first time I have heard him. Very much 'one of the lads' - stood there sipping his beer as he chatted away! Said his wife has a job in Oz for a year, and he is going out there and planning to catch Australian fish using UK methods.

Didn't give any clues as to what career if any he will be going into after politics!

Have just checked his website. Looked rather impressive I must say, though I haven't much experience of reading such stuff, so maybe they all sound good!

Edited by The Flying Tench

john clarke

He's still an ignorant arse when it comes to eating perfectly edible fish though!

Agree with you there - I did say I have no time for his politics - neither piscatorially nor otherwise - but at least he is an honest ignoramus, unlike so many of his former colleagues.

When the new regs come in in June, angling will have taken a huge step backwards.

Remember my fears of the end result of a hung parliament ? Beware the orange-hued greenies !

(Flying Tench) Have just checked his website. Looked rather impressive I must say, though I haven't much experience of reading such stuff, so maybe they all sound good!

A healthy degree of cynicism showing there!

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

When the new regs come in in June, angling will have taken a huge step backwards.

If the new regs come in in June!

Huw Irranca-Davies was promising to push the legislation through before parliament was dissolved. That hasn't happened....maybe there is some hope left!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!