Chickpeas, Method Feeders and deep lakes.

Chub Frenzy

Basically I have a few questions for you to answer:

1) Anyone got any chickpea recipes???

2) Does a hair rigged chickpea work well with a method feeder???

3) Do you have to use groundbait with a method feeder (will crushed pellets be ok)???

4) How would you fish a 21ft deep lake which is 12ft straight away???

Sorry for the questionaire but please help.

Many Thanks

Chubfrenzy

1, A lot of people have used scopex, garlic, maple, and caramel flavourings with chickpeas

2, Never had much success on chickpeas personally, but I know of a lot of people do

3, Soak pellets in hot water until they become sticky, if too much water then add dry pellets to soak up excess, then mould around feeder.

4, I would try to find gravel bars/humps which come up in the water and fish on those, failing that fish the shallower areas/margins. and ask other anglers/bayliffs.

I can only tell you that chick peas absorb flavour better than almost any other particle so the choices are endless. Using the methos I would always have a representative flavour in the mix which is the same as the hook bait ie using a scopex covered bait add some scopex to the groundbait. I always find chickpeas if cooked properly are not that strong on a hair but I am always prepared to be told differently. I find them a good side hooked bait for roach etc in natural flavour

Basically I have a few questions for you to answer:

1) Anyone got any chickpea recipes???

Sorry for the questionaire but please help.

Many Thanks

Chubfrenzy

2- tbsp extra- virgin olive oil

1- medium onion diced

1- tsp crushed chilies

1 tbsp- tomato paste

1- 796 ml (28oz) can diced tomatoes,

1- 540 ml (19 oz) can chickpeas drained and rinsed thoroughly

400g fresh spinach

Sea salt and black pepper to taste.

It's delicious. Eat it while you are waiting for a bite whilst float legering under your rod top with a sliding float. You can use a method feeder if you wish, but if it's under your rod top, there would seem to be no point. Alternatively, find a shallow bar, drop off, lump, bump or change of depth and fish that. 21 feet is too deep for most fish, most of the time. Unless you are after char.

I've had carp on chick peas - they are useful where there are lots of small fish as they can't easily be nibbled away. They are akin to a small boilie really. As already stated by others and in the above recipe, like most particles they do take flavour well.

You didn't say what species you were after?

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

I'm glad you asked Chub. I went carp fishing last week and bought a tin of chick peas, just because I thought they might work. I didn't get round to opening them though.

If I'm told they're probably better off blitzed in a mix, no big deal but if someone tells me they're well worth having then all the better.

I realise cooking your own gives you the advantage of adding flavours and colours most likely and I'm willing to do so, if someone advises us both on the 'hows' and 'whys'.

I'd like to know if they can be hair-rigged too. Martin Bowler hair-rigged peanuts on Carp Crew. Surely rigging chickpeas is easier??...yes...no??

Anyone care to elaborate on the chickpea thing?

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

I bought some dried chicks and just for a tester left them in a gravy, meaty, spicy mix for 12hrs then boiled em for about 20mins..... it was actually about 15hrs. They took the colour well and here is my recipe.....

Some gravy granules,

Soy sauce,

worcester sauce

and some spicy bbq sauce stuff

Once they had soaked i put em in the microwave for 2mins then drained them and put them in boiling water for 20 (ad some dye to it aswell)

They look pretty good and i did a practice hair rig and stayed on perfectly.

I will be testing these next weekend and will let you no how i get on.

Do you think i shouldn store them in: the cupboard, fridge, or freezer????

Many Thanks

Chubfrenzy

Sorted. Let us know if they work OK. I dare say flavouring and colouring chickpeas is a damn sight quicker than making boilies.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...