float paint

Klaus

Hello all

anyone know the best type/make of bright paint for the tops of floats/quivertips. A local model shop in Harrow that you would have thought might sell say flourescent type coloured paints did not. He recommended the local fishing shop (B&Q or Wickes they are not).

Any help appreciated Please

Klaus

Humbrol is still available a most excellent and popular paint look on ebay or online try your search engine

Sensas makes fluorescent float paint

The colour depends on where you are fishing and in what conditions many anglers carry with them tippex typewriter correction fluid and a few magic markers/felt tips including black

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

Hello all

anyone know the best type/make of bright paint for the tops of floats/quivertips. A local model shop in Harrow that you would have thought might sell say flourescent type coloured paints did not. He recommended the local fishing shop (B&Q or Wickes they are not).

Klaus

Hi There, Halfords stock a range of hi vis paints for trailaers etc, usefully they are also quite hardwearing, hope this helps.

Dan.

Plasti-kote orange glow (B27) is what Ive been putting on my floats. A couple of my local model shops stock it, but should think you will find it online.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

For quivers, Budgie suggested I try P.T.F.E. plumbers tape, which luckily I had.

It was completely bang on. Makes a nice white top and fully flexible.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Hi

I've got to admit I've tried them all.

Only one really stands out and I use it for all tips now and it just has to be seen to see how bright it is;

Pactra Racing Finish RC78E Fluorescent Orange 20ml Paint

You can get it on amazon or most online stockists.

Don't forget - you will need to apply a white base underneath. Generally one coat of this stuff is more than enough

a

Hello all

Klaus

Linked to this topic i have a tip rod (greys prodigy barbel rod) but the tip only has a small section with colour on it. Due to my poor eyesight i would like it if the coloured section was larger. Can i apply this kind of paint to do this or will it weaken the tip or cause a small flat spot?

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

For quivers, Budgie suggested I try P.T.F.E. plumbers tape, which luckily I had.

It was completely bang on. Makes a nice white top and fully flexible.

Linked to this topic i have a tip rod (greys prodigy barbel rod) but the tip only has a small section with colour on it. Due to my poor eyesight i would like it if the coloured section was larger. Can i apply this kind of paint to do this or will it weaken the tip or cause a small flat spot?

Hi, AddictedToScopex

I go along with what has been said here, I have used P.T.F.E. tape available in small reels from most D.I.Y. superstores, (in their plumbing section) its under a £1.00 and will improve the visibility of your tip section without causing a reel problem.

P.T.F.E. tape (polytetrafluoroethylene) or 'Teflon tape'; or 'plumbers dope'; or 'plumbers tape'; is very very thin and very flexible, it is used by plumbers to help prevent leaky joints by infilling the very tiny gaps between threads on plumbing joints in pipework.

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

Hi, AddictedToScopex

I go along with what has been said here, I have used P.T.F.E. tape available in small reels from most D.I.Y. superstores, (in their plumbing section) its under a £1.00 and will improve the visibility of your tip section without causing a reel problem.

P.T.F.E. tape (polytetrafluoroethylene) or 'Teflon tape'; or 'plumbers dope'; or 'plumbers tape'; is very very thin and very flexible, it is used by plumbers to help prevent leaky joints by infilling the very tiny gaps between threads on plumbing joints in pipework.

I see. I will take a look at using that this weekend. It can be annoying when the tip is hard to make out. Thanks. :thumbs:

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

That was the very reason I asked previously. The sight tip on my quiver was woefully small and when you're looking down the length of the rod, it looks even smaller still. It was orange too, which doesn't really stand out against the black tip. A couple of turns of P.T.F.E. every couple of inches and it's perfect.

I just bought a heavier quiver tip also and although not as bad as the smaller rod, I think I'll whiten it up anyway. It's a dawdle to see in any conditions.

White also seems to be far noticeable out of the corner of your eye, when you're fiddling with something else.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...