big fish

biggacod

All getting just a tad tiresome now. Still funny.

So going back to my original question about the ling and Pollack. Can anybody please state officially if the fish where the size that Glenk posted them or was it not the case and indeed if the fish where no where near what he said they where then why indeed did he fabricate the truth.

Ps would a prize of say £1000 for the first angler to catch a conger off the north east coat be tempting to get you southern softies up north???

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No we don't and the word you are looking for is breeding 'Deene'0. Bread is something we put butter one. But then you would need to be educated to know that, so I can see why you made the mistake :huh:

Alan

Naughty spell checker but at least you knew what was ment :oops::bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Publication2_zpsthmtka6c.jpg

Naughty spell checker but at least you knew what was ment :oops::bigemo_harabe_net-163:

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH watch out Bob, one tiny slip and your sanity is questioned and you may have a deadly virus to share. :lol:

Don't mention Alan's cock up though, wer'e too polite, arn't ONE :D

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

All getting just a tad tiresome now. Still funny.

So going back to my original question about the ling and Pollack. Can anybody please state officially if the fish where the size that Glenk posted them or was it not the case and indeed if the fish where no where near what he said they where then why indeed did he fabricate the truth.

Ps would a prize of say £1000 for the first angler to catch a conger off the north east coat be tempting to get you southern softies up north???

Shall we take it that the silence means that it was a wind up at the expence of some of Glenn's punters, shame it wasn't confirmed either way.

Think Bob has already suggested linking it to the festival. No takers yet though. :fishing1:

Errr, you can't fabricate the truth, that would be a lie. :D We know what you mean Tommy, you can do the same to me when i cock up.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

:lol: Don't bother with squid if you want big eels or ling, whole cuttle sorts out the better ones and resists the nibbling of pout for ages, or use a flappered 2lb pout. :lol:

Hi Norm, I did a bit of experimenting with big squid baits last year. I got some big Loligo squid (Argentinian) and huge foot long Ilex squid (Falklands Islands) both of which were frozen and unwashed. As you know the Calimari is washed and predominantly for human consumption, whereas the others contain most of the ink which is a big attractor to fish. The chinese takeaways also use them!.

The longliners were using the unwashed squid as bait with some success, but being brown in colour they didn't have the advantage of the white Calimari as attractors. Real messy to use as well. Any thoughts?

Alan

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it again.

Hi Norm, I did a bit of experimenting with big squid baits last year. I got some big Loligo squid (Argentinian) and huge foot long Ilex squid (Falklands Islands) both of which were frozen and unwashed. As you know the Calimari is washed and predominantly for human consumption, whereas the others contain most of the ink which is a big attractor to fish. The chinese takeaways also use them!.

The longliners were using the unwashed squid as bait with some success, but being brown in colour they didn't have the advantage of the white Calimari as attractors. Real messy to use as well. Any thoughts?

Alan

:lol: Unwashed squid has the plus factor of a scent, where as washed squid doesn't. Cuttle also has a scent and a white belly, so you have scent and a visual attractor, you just take out the cuttle bone, or not, and leave the rest intact. I've seen those Falklands squid, they're impressive and I don't see why they shouldn't work but they're a bit softer than cuttle so susceptible to being eaten by pout and other small fish. If conger aren't exactly jumping on the hook you don't want to keep winding up from 200' to rebait every 10 minutes or so, hence the other bait, a big flappered pout, they have scent and pout don't really go for them, unless really hungry, so the ideal bait for a waiting game. Good luck because divers tell me there are loads of big congers in certain places in the North Sea. :lol:

Edited by Norm B

:lol: Unwashed squid has the plus factor of a scent, where as washed squid doesn't. Cuttle also has a scent and a white belly, so you have scent and a visual attractor, you just take out the cuttle bone, or not, and leave the rest intact. I've seen those Falklands squid, they're impressive and I don't see why they shouldn't work but they're a bit softer than cuttle so susceptible to being eaten by pout and other small fish. If conger aren't exactly jumping on the hook you don't want to keep winding up from 200' to rebait every 10 minutes or so, hence the other bait, a big flappered pout, they have scent and pout don't really go for them, unless really hungry, so the ideal bait for a waiting game. Good luck because divers tell me there are loads of big congers in certain places in the North Sea. :lol:

as i said a while ago i know divers who have seen big eels on wrecks,the thing is working on a charter boat the costomers want cod ling and thats it ,i have also had tope of hartlepool .

ther are other comments on here the two fish on the stert of this thread came in just under weight i got phone call of the boat just when they were caught.also its said that ling dont go back because swim bladder is up just prick the bladder they will go back (not 100% shure if they live but they get a chance)

also down south they think we fish shads winding up we dont we hop them over the sea bed

as for the fishing its doing very well yesterday we were putting fish back up to 10 lb to live another day biggest fell to 15lb ,sea otter 11 had a trip north of whitby and had cod cod to 17 lb

as for the carbage glenk put up wot can you say

Just nicked this from Glenn's web site:

Nice one Howard another good run of fish yesterday, lets see what today brings!! There are some very big fish on some of them wrecks what is it that keeps snapping off?!? My money is still on Big C's!!

Who they gonna call. Where's my mate Deen'O' ? Does Bridlington count? :D