Popes visit to cost £12 million

mr motorola

I am at a bit of a loss in trying to understand why...

1. it is going to cost so much

and

2. why the taxpayer has to front the bill?

With all the controversy over the child abuse allegations within his rank i can't understand why he wants to visit people but on the other hand extra protection maybe needed but £12 million worth of protection??

Then, why do the hard working taxpayers have to front the bill? I for one am not RC neither C of E , not religious in the slightest along with many others i might guess, but we are paying for one mans trip to another country.

I wonder if i could apply to HMRC for a free holiday on the taxpayers account?

Not a gripe or rant just a confused Mr M.

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

It isn't for protection. That's a separate bill;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/10509127.stm

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

It isn't for protection. That's a separate bill;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/10509127.stm

Just looking at your link Elton and his visit goes nowhere near my house , boo hoo.

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Not welcome !

Link

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Its all very well for you to say link about the whole situation Ken, but it don't really help the general theme of things.

I do want to ask him what the vaticans view of us lot out of Africa having neanderthal dna is though. Email ed the bishop of bath & wells about it a few weeks back, have had no reply yet, so i guess the church of england has no views on this.

Its all very well for you to say link about the whole situation Ken, but it don't really help the general theme of things.

I do want to ask him what the vaticans view of us lot out of Africa having neanderthal dna is though. Email ed the bishop of bath & wells about it a few weeks back, have had no reply yet, so i guess the church of england has no views on this.

That wouldn't be the baby eating bishop of bath & wells by any chance , Ziggy? I bumped into him once on an episode of herr blackadder....something about a red hot poker put me off though. :D

That wouldn't be the baby eating bishop of bath & wells by any chance , Ziggy? I bumped into him once on an episode of herr blackadder....something about a red hot poker put me off though. :D

Probably the same one, they don't change them very often. Whats your view then Mr M ?

Well Ziggy , my opinion is that , we are in a whole barrow full of debt yet we seem hell bent on making our country look pretty and available to all and sundry. Another thread posted up today i think , posted about foreign aid and the giving to other countries yet we are left to sort out our own mess with the jocular 'stiff upper lip' not wanting to give out any signs of being in need and being too proud to ask for any.

In the case in question , the pope , personally i think he ought to keep himself over yonder and not bother himself with the brits , as all i can see is when he does visit is a stampede of protestors and antagonists causing a right royal riot about the allegations within his clan. Very well justified for the protagonists i can agree, but it won't bode well for any international relations that maybe on the horizon , but what happens in this country is far and away above my head and has been since the day i was born.

A great phrase was put to me the other day and kinds of sums it all up......"you aren't a leader , you are a soldier , you were born a leader taught different"

I look at things in a strange and tangable way , sometimes wrong sometimes right but always my way , not led by what i am fed on tv but mainly what i hear from talking to people , many many people. I might not be the sharpest knife in the drawer but i'm always there up near the top ready for action.

All in all , the popes visit is an utter waste of our money and his/our time , it will only cause mayhem and arguments on both counts.

Mr M. :)

Sorry old chap, the link thing didn't quite go as planned. All fixed now though....

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.