fishing in tenerife

john

• 2 weeks later...

hi lads there is an anglers net poster based in lanzarote, that ive seen post in the sea fishing section. i think he is a new member and was called yoshi of lanzarote, or something like that.maybe he would know about any coarse fishing in the islands.make sure you get the proper licences, although the guardia civil generaly turn a blind eye to sea anglers in many cases, not so with freshwater angling for some reason. they are very strict.best of luck. :)

Been to lanzarote and sea fished a few times. I would imagine the same bait and tactics would apply.You will find Mullet and Facio in the harbours to float fished bread or pork. Make some ground bait with bread and tinned pilchards and fish small and light hook size 12-16 line about 4lb. Legering of the rocks should bring a number of species ,Bream,soul and lots of weavers wich are piosonous so dont handle them.10lb line and a size 10-6 with prawn or squid strip as bait.Most exciting of all is the chance of a baracuda!!! Plugs and spoons may work but I'd put my money on a live mullet under a pike float. If you fancy this I'd take your own wire traces as they'll be a pig to find out there. Another good source of information is to speak to the bloke who runs the local diving school. He should speak english and will know were the fish hang in good numbers.

Good luck and enjoy

You will easily pick up leaflets on the fishing in hotels etc. Most often the people running the trips will pick you up from the hotel or other central location. Try to book you trip in the first few days or you may find it is too late. That is what happened to me for the carp trip :

If sea fishing check out how deep the water is - it is not fun reeling up 3 Lb of lead and a 1 Lb spurdog from 300 m believe me : Trolling or reef fishing would be more fun :)

Cant advise on the shore fishing but plenty people were ctching lots os small fish on small baits under a float :

A bad days fishing is better than a good day at the office. Tight lines all.