Well done Reg and the boys of the AT.

Ronessex

Problem with that at the mo Worms are loose cannons who appear to be doing damage to the rsa and small local commercials, for example:

Reg, is commenting without any evidential back up, and can quite possibly cause a heck of a lot of damage to both the rsa and small local commercial. There are already many rules and regs in place to prevent the foreign and larger boats from operations inshore. It looks as though the enchoragement of an army of deciples to get all commercail activity banned from inshore, some will be clapping their hands. As us normal (hopefully i'm one) guys realise that the majority of the uk fleet 75% under tens are the inshore guys. So ultimatly Reg and co are saying goodbye to them.

His argument that he is saving the stock (bream) is weak with regards to the trawlers can't trawl through the breeding area, he still won't accept that. And has tried to state that the trawlers are doing what is impossible.

Words are used quote: it doesn't matter what the seabed habitat is made off, if the areas are not policed some will take the risk because there is so much profit to make, obviously more than the cost of new trawling gear You know that is not a true statement. There is a close season in any event, policed?

No self respecting inshore trawler operator will jepodise his £10,000 trawl in an area knowing it's going to get hung up.

The last sentence is a brahma as far as i'm concerned, quote: How about the wreck sites in Sussex, many have discarded commercial trawl nets trapped alongside causing potential risks to local divers, they are real fish killers for sure.

Potential risks, how do you legislate against that. Any of us normal rsa know that during the summer we hear loads of traffic from the coast guard and the rescue helicopters etc regarding divers, Nearly 99 % of the time it's to do with the unfortunate ones getting the bends, full stop. How the likes of Reg can link divers with commercials nets like that is scary. Last of all regarding the nets on wrecks. Sounds there are loads and loads of hapless commercials leaving their trawl nets and boards behind. Again, i just know that that is a load of busters, what commercial trawler operater would target a wreck as opposed to avoiding it. I can understand gill nets on the wrecks but trawls and the point was made, many that can't be a true statement.

This is where the clear and present danger is, pub talk and hearsay from loose cannons, i have no doubt that the likes of the gathering info guys are rubbing their hands with what is being put out.

I agree that Reg is a loose cannon...well meaning perhaps but let off a bit soon!

Must comment on the trawl nets though Barry. Fished a wreck in over 300' of water in the Irish Sea on Monday, cracking day, good weather and a shedload of pollack. A fair few with net-rash and, judging by the way we got snagged, a wayward net....not too sure that was a gill net out there!

Back to the point though....it's why RSAs need to get together to have a voice to put our case to the other stakeholders and to counter the drivel coming from the AT and their followers.

Edited by Worms

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that Reg is a loose cannon...well meaning perhaps but let off a bit soon!

Must comment on the trawl nets though Barry. Fished a wreck in over 300' of water in the Irish Sea on Monday, cracking day, good weather and a shedload of pollack. A fair few with net-rash and, judging by the way we got snagged, a wayward net....not too sure that was a gill net out there!

Back to the point though....it's why RSAs need to get together to have a voice to put our case to the other stakeholders and to counter the drivel coming from the AT and their followers.

Hiyer Worms most likely a gill net, i have heard of trawl nets getting hung up on a wreck but that is the exception to the rule, again no commercial guy is going to do that on purpose.Regarding gill nets, again they ain't going to loose them on purpose.

I agree with regards to the drivel out, according to the A T's mantra they should be fighting tooth and nail to counter the crap heading the rsa's way, however not a dickie bird. So again, yes i agree, time to step up the action. :D Can't really counter Reg too much on wsf, as if i mention him by name, off he goes to the mods :2::cry:

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Reg appears to be stepping up the game.His latest post now speaks about going to further meetings opening his mouth about certain Wrecks that need protecting.I'm surprised that nobody yet has put a permanent stop to him.He is doing more and more damage daily.

Ron mate just check out the WSF rules your ban can at worst be only temporary so why not get yer self back on there and let the fool have it. :D

Publication2_zpsthmtka6c.jpg

Reg appears to be stepping up the game.His latest post now speaks about going to further meetings opening his mouth about certain Wrecks that need protecting.I'm surprised that nobody yet has put a permanent stop to him.He is doing more and more damage daily.

Well, i have gave Reg an easy one to answer for kick off's sorry it's a bit long winded, but i put it here incase mine is pulled for you know why. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by REG PHILLIPS

I think it is very important for RSA to openly talk about MCZ's and also to look at how we carry out our sport, where can we improve things to prove to conservation organisations that we as a sport are committed to the protection of our habitat and the species we target. I also feel that we need to get our own house in order, we need to get organised and prepared for the changes ahead. I will give you a for instance: lets say the kingmere is to be a MCZ and confirmed as a proposal for a total NTZ. Where do we fit into the scheme of things, my own personal feeling would probably be Great, this will protect the Sussex bream, then I have to consider what will happen to our sport on the kingmere. Now no-one wants to stop fishing the kingmere thats for sure but if, after seeing all the evidence to prove we have a detrimental effect that needs to stop then I would accept the changes. It would be a small price to pay. If however, no proof can be shown then I would still like to see Sussex RSA consider our options to help protect the habitat and Sussex bream, whilst continuing to fish on the kingmere. Thats where our meetings will help, and before Bob gets his pen out again I would hope that we would all have a say and discuss the matter, then make a unified decision on our approach. If that decision is different to mine I would still whole heartedly support that decision.

Within five years these MCZs could be the best thing to happen to our sport,

Quote me:

Excellent, your first line Reg, totally agree, before you cry off and report me for a personal attack, i wish to point out, it's not personal that i discuss your post. Indeed i welcome all comments on what i will have to say regarding mcz's. One in particular lundy.

Now sustitute lundy every time kingmere is mentioned in your post. Lundy has been closed for 7 years to all, the only thing to benifit to date are lobsters and divers. There is no evidence that the rsa has caused any problem, however, they confirm that they need 40 years in total before they can even begin to state that there could be improvement with regards to the stock, forty years Reg for no evidence at all that the rsa has caused any damage. How do you go about countering, justifying that sort of ban. Again according to you the ban will be a great idea. On what evidence, please answer that.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Dunno Ron, there's a very nice level headed chap called Alan Kirby who has put a post up for Reg to contemplate. I have a feeling that normal service may well prevail. :D

If i wish to get personal with our Reg, first of all i would point out that he keeps changing from i to we in his posts, now that is a concern with anyone who thinks he could be repping for.

Edited by barry luxton

Dunno Ron, there's a very nice level headed chap called Alan Kirby who has put a post up for Reg to contemplate. I have a feeling that normal service may well prevail. :D

If i wish to get personal with our Reg, first of all i would point out that he keeps changing from i to we in his posts, now that is a concern with anyone who thinks he could be repping for.

I was speaking with Alan on the phone earlier.Certain people in Brighton are starting to get the proper hump with Reg.

Edited by Ronessex

I was speaking with Alan on the phone earlier.Certain people in Brighton are starting to get the proper hump with Reg.

Give him my best regards when you speak next, anything i can do to help. :D