Fisherman Catches Piranha

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Just as a pirana movie is comming out too.

Who'd a thunk it ?

:D:D:D

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

So is this likely someone ''Taking'' a piranha to the bank? or is it more than likely a genuine catch and shows that someone is putting these types of fish in there??

We have a basin near us where the Canal meets the river. It has locks each side and they are never opened unless the canal needs its level dropping (They have not opened them for years) Well anyway I used to always fish it and get some fantastic bream/roach out of it, but now the stocks have greatly reduced as someone has put a load of Zander in there, I have even witnessed bream getting savaged by one of these Zander while someone was playing it!

I can only assume a Zander fan thought that if he puts them in the basin he has a good sized water full of Zander that cannot go anywhere, and therefore can fish it regulary for some good Zander.

Species Caught 2011: Mirror Carp, Barbel, Ide, Rudd, Roach, Bleak, Perch, Bream,

Species Caught 2010: Perch, Pike, Roach, Rudd, Bleak, Bream, Gudgeon, Ruffe, Ide, Tench, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Barbel, Chub, F1, Crusian Carp, Goldfish

That isn't even a Piranha

Quite right, Bigfishy

THIS is a piranha

brazil096.th.jpg

If you look at the adipose fin of the fish that had its photo taken by the Thames you can see it is much longer than that of a piranha (the piranha adipose shows against the water as a stubby little fin in my pic)

I have caught at least five species of piranha - but all in Brazil or Ecuador. Alas, none from the Thames !

Any wannabe could purchase a silver dollar/pacu/or any other deep bodied characin and have his photo taken, with fish and a beachcasting outfit. on the top of Beachy Head, with the Channel in the background

...now that would make a story :rolleyes:

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Yeah, defo a Silver Dollar, apparently Metynnis Hypsauchen according to PFK. Never kept them but the worst I've heard they'll do is nip fins, not fingers.

Love the quote about only being able to get his finger in its mouth. Would have been a good one if he tried it before he killed it and it was a RB Piranha.

On a side note I think there are a few Plecs on the Norfolk Broads. Doubt they'll ever be caught being sucker type cats but I'm pretty sure I saw 1 at Salhouse Broad near the beach once. May well have been something else but I saw it and Plec sprung straight to mind as I've kept many. Any ideas what else it could've been?

Just had the thought it could be a rare broads 'L' number lol

Renrag

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue

Yeah, defo a Silver Dollar, apparently Metynnis Hypsauchen according to PFK. Never kept them but the worst I've heard they'll do is nip fins, not fingers.

Love the quote about only being able to get his finger in its mouth. Would have been a good one if he tried it before he killed it and it was a RB Piranha.

On a side note I think there are a few Plecs on the Norfolk Broads. Doubt they'll ever be caught being sucker type cats but I'm pretty sure I saw 1 at Salhouse Broad near the beach once. May well have been something else but I saw it and Plec sprung straight to mind as I've kept many. Any ideas what else it could've been?

Just had the thought it could be a rare broads 'L' number lol

Renrag

Could be Sturgeon they look a bit like some Plecs. ;)

I suppose its more than possible, pretty sure the colouration was much darker than any Sturgeon I've seen but then again, only saw it for a coupla seconds and it was bright sunlight so it may have appeared darker anyway.

Renrag

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue

:wallbash:FFS! Elton I thought you would have more sense :rolleyes:

That isn't even a Piranha :wallbash: it's a Silver Dollar :wallbash:

If you look back at my previous posts about alien fish catches (and quite a few other tabloid 'news' items), you'll see that my tongue is usually firmly in my cheek when I add these links :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE