Anyone up to speed on creating a UK company please?

Chris Goddard

I have a requirement to setup a UK company for myself and a partner. Paying taxes to the UK and employing ourselves in France for a new business venture. Can't go into details as it is a bit "Politically" sensitive. But basicallt need to register the company in the UK as the main work is based in the UK and I am carrying items to France for myself and others. So will need a registered address etc. in UK and as I say employ the both of us in France and pay taxes on employment to France (THAT bit I can do, I am currently trying to register on the micro-enterprise scheme in France.)

Had a look at the google search thing and it seems I can do this for around £20??? Just seems FAR too easy to me! Or is it that easy?

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Thanks to at least ONE member I also have a GOOD idea or three now! Step up and take a bow Mr "WATATOAD". (And thank you!!)

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Thanks to at least ONE member I also have a GOOD idea or three now! Step up and take a bow Mr "WATATOAD". (And thank you!!)
Setting up an 'off the shelf' Ltd Company should cost you no more that £100 mate. You can pick them up for as little as £30. The last time I set one up it cost me £60 because I had to get a brief to make a few changes (company name mostly).

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

changed mine from a ltd to a llp, limited liability partnership as the ni payments where horrendous, so instead of having two directors on payee, we have two partners who are classed as self employed, me and the missus. When we had the ltd, for every pound in tax we was paying the same in ni. A lot of solicistor's practices are llp for the same reason.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

changed mine from a ltd to a llp, limited liability partnership as the ni payments where horrendous, so instead of having two directors on payee, we have two partners who are classed as self employed, me and the missus. When we had the ltd, for every pound in tax we was paying the same in ni. A lot of solicistor's practices are llp for the same reason.

Very complicated public limited company, limited company, limited partnership, partnership, private company whatever

Each has both advantages and disadvantages, before parting with coin read up on all of them although in your case you probably do not need to read up on public limited companies.

One thing which may be worth looking into is setting up a trust for your children if you have any and putting money or assets into it which are intended to help both your children and all future generations.

there are some surprising advantages and a few pounds spent now can save future donations to the government via death duties, which are subject to change at a government whim and without warning.

Sad story of British Life simplified

Born

taxed on your parents to pay for your education

taxed on your parents to pay for your health care

taxed on almost everything you buy

taxed on all you earn

taxed on all you save

taxed on your investments

taxed on transfers

taxed on any capital you make

taxed on any gifts you make

taxed on any gifts you receive

taxed on all you inherit

Death

taxed on a death certificate (a tax in itself)

taxed to get a grant of probate (a tax in itself)

taxed to be buried or cremated

taxed on any memorials

taxed on what you leave

Edited by watatoad

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

Very complicated public limited company, limited company, limited partnership, partnership, private company whatever

Each has both advantages and disadvantages, before parting with coin read up on all of them although in your case you probably do not need to read up on public limited companies.

One thing which may be worth looking into is setting up a trust for your children if you have any and putting money or assets into it which are intended to help both your children and all future generations.

there are some surprising advantages and a few pounds spent now can save future donations to the government via death duties, which are subject to change at a government whim and without warning.

Sad story of British Life simplified

Born

taxed on your parents to pay for your education

taxed on your parents to pay for your health care

taxed on almost everything you buy

taxed on all you earn

taxed on all you save

taxed on your investments

taxed on transfers

taxed on any capital you make

taxed on any gifts you make

taxed on any gifts you receive

taxed on all you inherit

Death

taxed on a death certificate (a tax in itself)

taxed to get a grant of probate (a tax in itself)

taxed to be buried or cremated

taxed on any memorials

taxed on what you leave

Perhaps one would be happier if one emigrated to Somalia. Minimalist government, zero taxes, every man for himself.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Perhaps one would be happier if one emigrated to Somalia. Minimalist government, zero taxes, every man for himself.

Was there a while ago - didn't like the food.

Have you been there?

Plus I never said I was unhappy -

I am just neither blind nor stupid enough to believe the rubbish and lies our current and recent past leaders feed out in the hope or belief that most people are gullible or stupid enough to believe them.

Perhaps our government both local and national need reminding that they are our servants and are employed by us, to serve us.

Remember the old expression in government service

We pay their salaries and I think its about time we had value for money and people actually earned the money they are paid and served the people they are employed to serve.

They are all PUBLIC SERVANTS or CIVIL SERVANTS and its time they remembered it.

They are there to serve us and our needs.

They are not there to collect vastly over enhanced salaries

They are not there to collect vastly over enhanced and over generous pensions.

They are not there to be self opinionated

They are not there to be self satisfying

They are not there for self aggrandisement

There are not there to be self appointed dictators

They are there to serve us and our needs

If they object to doing that. They should leave before they end up being requested to do so by their masters THE PUBLIC - us - the average man and woman in the streets

Edited by watatoad

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

quite right to. Bob Crow also needs reminding of that as he messes with 3 million lives today.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..