malta

awrata

hello mates,

Heard lately there were some queries abt fishing in MALTA.

I hail from this sunny island and have been fishing along the shores of our beatiful island since the early eighties when I was once 5yrs old.

I have roamed orund those old guys from whom I was thought the secrets abt fishing in MALTA. Nowadays I'm part of our MALTESE federation association between all the rod angler clubs in MALTA. I am also member of Kingfisher Sport Fishing Assoc http://www.kingfishersport.org

Anyone who would like some tips from MALTA mssg me.

Hope to meet you in MALTA...... web page my personal webpage

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

welcome to AN awrata - been to Malta, very nice, can't remember where, but I got sunburnt and drunk (suprise suprise)

tight lines

Andy

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

hello awaar,

Glad I'm making part of this angler's forum. I m sure I can learn a lot more on coarse fishing since it's only the beginning of this sport in MALTA.

Even I got sunburnt and drunk quite a few times....

Welcome awrata

My Father was based with the Royal Navy in Malta in the sixties.

He was a sparky working in a radar / radio post just outside Valetta.

He was billeted with a Maltese family just inside valetta.

We went on holiday in Malta around about 1982 (the year when the yanks bombed Libya).

He showed us the sites and a few local beaches off the tourist track.

When we walked down the street he was billeted in an old lady reconised him straight away after almost 20 years!

My memories of Malta are melons (both fruit and on the beaches), hundreds of buses (most done up in nice colours), festivals and fireworks.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Ive been to Malta too, nice island but not much in the way of birdlife.

They have a big head of so called hunters that shoot everything that flies .

More birds are shot in Malta whilst on migration than anywhere in the world.

Anyway back to the fishing, if you e-mail karen@pash1.com you will be pointed in the right direction for coarse fishing in Malta.

Ahi oki!

So no we do not have any coarse fishing around! We only practice sea fishing both on shore and off shore for big game in early summer.

I do not think it is fair to blame malta as a place for big headed hunters! I do not like hunters but I admit that the majority of the hunters on the island are very prudent in the way they hunt! There are people in MALTA who are putting so much pressure on these so called hunters and are trying to demolish their sport forever. I do not think this is good!