soaking line

kendo

kendo - based on http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/authors/jim09.htm we have a mono expert posting on here and he can probably give you details. I don't use mono these days and have forgotten your answer if I ever knew it although an hour somehow seems appropriate.

BREAMAGAIN - since mono, even a 2005 version, absorbs a good deal of water I can see that originally spooling it when wet might well make a difference since that's the way that you will spool part of it every time you wind in a cast. I just don't know exactly what that difference might be. Do you?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

The only time I ever soak line is if I need one that sinks like a brick and then its maxima overnight in the washing up luiquid solution.

I do however use a bucket of water when spooling up but not as atreatment for the line.

Kendo, just chuck the spool in a bucket before loading it onto the reel, works for me mate :)

tight lines - andy

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

basically i have the need to change my reel line and have chosen drennon double strength in the 4lb cat Ive read in the past that soaking your line in water with a tiny amount of washing up liquid would ensure that it sank better.

I have wrestled with reality for 46 years,still wrestling.

Hope you have better luck than me with that line - I must be too used to stretchy mono, as it kept snapping on me. Didn't think I was particularly heavy-handed with it, either...

DavyR:

Hope you have better luck than me with that line - I must be too used to stretchy mono, as it kept snapping on me. Didn't think I was particularly heavy-handed with it, either...

hi davyR i did use it for a couple of seasons about 6 years ago and had no probs with it snapping,it could have been that you had a bad spool.

I have wrestled with reality for 46 years,still wrestling.