knotless knot material

billydutfish

what is the best material for a knotless knot to make a hair rigg.

and when using boilies what is the best way to fish them .for example over a bed of ground bait on there own or the method ???

still a bit confused by it all but am getting there i think lol.

An easier question to answer would be, how long is a piece of string?

The best material to use for a knotless knotted hair rig is the hook length material you deem suitable for the day, lake, style of fishing you are engaged in or intend to engage in on the day.

Boilies are ubiquitious in that they are suitable for use singly, or as a multiple bait, any where from the lake bed to the surface on their own or as a combination in conjunction with any manner or form of other baits.

http://www.anglers-net.co.uk/carp/

http://www.carpuniverse.com/frames_site_na...ages/rigs2.html

http://www.carp-passion.com/Rigs/index.htm

[ 04. May 2004, 11:18 PM: Message edited by: Eddie ]

Alive without breath,

As cold as death;

Never thirsty, ever drinking,

All in mail never clinking.

I`ll just get me rod!!!

well what i ment about the material is does it mater what u use as long as its strong enough to hold. or is it best to just stick to braid or mono of what ever one your using on the day. or have i just confused you even more :D

cheers ste thats the answer i was looking for still new to coarse fishing and i am still finding it hard to take in but i seemed to be getting there. have been reading every thing i can find on course fishing. plus i live in scotland and most tackle shops in my area cater for game fishing although i have just become a new meber of my local coarse club. so things are on the up. and i am looking forward to my first season coarse fishing

One point worth thinking about if you intend to use a knotless knot with mono is the design of the hook.

It's best not to use any hook with an inturned eye in these circumstances.

Braid is said to be very abrasive (will 'cut through weed' etc). Is this an ok material for rubbing away at a fish's mouth during the fight?

I've been using mono hooklengths when using braid lines. Is this a necessary precaution?

cheers

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

I use mono, Esp Ghost flurocarbon, Snakeskin (coated braid) ,Drennan dacron (one of the first, if not the first braid) , Nash silkweed and Drennan dynabraid.

Never had any problems with any but flurocarbon can be a bit tricky to tie as it is quite stiff.

Cant answer your question on boilies as they are banned on my club waters.

As an alternative I use Nash B2 pellets or Halibut pellets in conjunction with a PVA bag full of various types and sizes of pellets and sometimes a squirt of pellet oil.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

I bought a reel of 1lb B.S. to tie my hair rigs as it is finer and more flexible. You don't need a high B.S. on the hair as the hook holds the fish.

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

I used to use light mono hairs but gave them up as they would often break (on the cast or in weed)and in the case of boillies totally unnesasary.The lightest I now go is 2.5-3lb for small particles.Hasnt afected my catchs adversly.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!