RSSG info.

Dear All,

I am very pleased to announce that I now have the final draft of the minutes of the final RSSG formation meeting done by Steve Richardson ready to print after it has been "proof read" by Paul Whitting. (our man behind the scenes who can spot a wrong word on a newspaper at a hundred paces!)

So, sometime next week, ALL the RSSG members will be receiving the official RSSG Members Information Pack via the post containing the following;

1) Meetings Agenda and Minutes.

This is infact a copy of the agenda with the minutes recorded in between each item typed in another colour. This, whilst being a new concept, gives the members the chance to read the agenda in its original form with what was said in between each item as it was discussed. A sort of "living" copy of the meeting as it went along if you like in detailed minuted form. My special thanks go out to Steve Richardson for doing this for us in such an original way.

2) Copy of the RSSG Constitution and Rules.

This like all constitutions and rules for paying memberships is infact a legal contract between the RSSG as an organisation and its members that we HAVE to give it out in the members pack. All of this is merely common sense stuff where only the general wording was changed in the drafted form presented to the meeting. Still, having said that, this took nearly four hours to get through!!

3) Welcome Letter.

4) List of Club/Group/Association/Society, RSSG affiliation membership fees.

5) Membership information form.

This is a simple form to fill in and return to the RSSG membership secretary Mike Berridge. It is NOT compulsory to fill it in but please remember this;

In order to keep our membership FULLY informed of RSSG activities, and to keep costs low, a list of current email addresses from the membership provides us with a cheap and effective form of keep members up to speed via regular emailed newsletters. Those members not on-line will receive this information via snail mail.

6) Two application forms for RSSG individual membership.

Now obviously, if every RSSG member recruits two new members by using the enclosed forms and the SAE enclosed in the members pack, enclosing payment made in the envelope as well to the RSSG members secretary, our individual membership will grow rapidly. In turn, each new member will receive two more application forms that is hoped will create a RSSG membership "ripple" effect. In order to achieve this, every member must play their part by trying to recruit just two new members.

7) Enclosed SAE. (2nd class. Not that rich yet)

Now in order to comat a lack of response from invites sent out to attend the final formation meeting when I enclosed a SAE before, I have employed the most modern hi tech methods.

The SAE included this time is a "self adhesive" state of the art model.

8) Membership Card.

These are laminated, have your name and number on the front with the membership secretaries name and contact details on the back together with the EA hotline number. The front has a nice picture of a river on it that will change from river to river as the years go on. In future, the picture of the river dispayed on the membership card will be decided upon via a "photogaphy competition" held within the group with 1st,2nd and 3rd prizes being awarded for best pictures. (not coconuts but probably prizes of tackle etc) 1st prize gets to go on the membership card with the river and photographers name on.

9) Relevant information of RSSG involvement within the Angling Governing Bodies.

Obviously, in order to have an "effective" voice for our membership and to protect and preserve river fishing and the rivers habitats, the RSSG MUST have its place right at the top within the angling governing bodies. Unless it does, we will NOT be taken seriously in the corridors of power wherever they may be. Item 9 within the membership pack explains this fully.

10) Committee members contact list.

All relevant information of committee contacts.

Nearly all of the material to be included within the members pack is already on file waiting to be printed off. However, this will take time some time to print so please be patient as I will get everything sent out as soon as possible.

Please be aware that the RSSG is now up and running and becoming established by following a preconceived detailed plan. Many of these plans are now coming into effect.

A press release, agreed upon by the whole of the RSSG committee has now been sent out to the weekly angling press and should appear either this week or the next.

We are currently looking at setting up a Social and Fund Raising team who's job it will be is to look carefully at each area and impliment that part of the RSSG's structure. The RSSG is determined to have a very strong angling and social side for its members to enjoy.

The RSSG has already been asked to help out in various campaigns up and down the country where anglers rights, their fishing and their local rivers habitats are coming under threat from various outside angling proposals. I am dealing with, or looking at, various documentation as it continues to come in. One such original document is 400 pages long!! Some are coming from the EU. There will be more information available to RSSG members on these matters as the RSSG involvement in these area's goes on. There will also no doubt be press statements given out so as to make angling generally fully aware of the RSSG's activity in these area's.

So, from one small acorn, a young oak has appeared. I am fully confident that the RSSG will go on from strength to strength. We have the right people on the committee representing a passionate and determined membership that is ready to do their bit for river systems fishing.

Before I go, please bear this fact in mind;

Possibly the greatest testament the RSSG could have, or ever hope to have, is the fact that it birth began within the hearts and minds of caring river anglers. From their caring, comes forth something that will definitely benefit all rivers and the anglers fishing on them. But it is more, much more than that.

The creation of the RSSG presents all river angling, individuals or groups/clubs/associations/societies alike, with the opportunity to come together. Not with just their chosen species in mind, but with something to belong to that works for their chosen species homes. OUR RIVERS.

Dont wait around for others to do the work. Come on board and join others already in RSSG membership to help protect and preserve something really worth while. OUR RIVERS.

Many Thanks To All.

Regards,

Lee Fletcher RSSG secretary.

PS. Just to let you know, incase you forget. I still want your three quid Birdy.

You can keep your green gobstoppers, your Allsorts and the chocolates.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats a rssg?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

is a lake thats stream fed (and has an exit stream) a fat river?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Dear Chesters,

Your fat river sounds like a large part in a small stream to me. Depending of course how you look at things. And seeing as rivers all run into the sea, and are fresh water, why is the sea still salty? One would assume that after all the millions of years that rivers have run into the sea, the salt would have been diluted by now.

Its quite amazing what one can think of when there's no work tomorrow.

Regards,

Lee.

is it free registration for the unemployed :)

i think a river in africa (a real big one ) just disapears ,it doesn`t make it to the sea ,poor thing

trent.barbeler:

And seeing as rivers all run into the sea, and are fresh water, why is the sea still salty?  One would assume that after all the millions of years that rivers have run into the sea, the salt would have been diluted by now.

Ah, but rivers are made of evaporated (mostly) sea water, falling as rain.

As the water evaporates out of the sea, it leaves its burden of salt behind.

When it falls as rain, and runs as a river, it leaches salt and minerals from the earth and delivers them into the sea.

The sea thus becomes saltier and saltier over time.

The salt solution in living creatures (including fish)is almost the same as the sea once was, when life first emerged from the oceans!

That's why, when you find yourself adrift on a raft far out to sea, with your fishing tackle, you can drink fish-juice, but not sea water.

er, Given that all rivers run back into the sea, does that mean that sea-anglers can join the RSSG?

(Who's taking on the role of Catchment Officer for the North Atlantic?)

Its quite amazing what one can think of when there's no work tomorrow.

OK, OK boss, I'm back onto it

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust