How to make hookable paste

sue

Can anyone help me with some hookable paste recipes. Our usual lake doesn't allow tiger nuts or boilies but we are allowed tiger nut juice. Someone suggested I to try to make a paste with breadcrumbs, digestive biscuits and various flavourings but they tell me that the bait won't stay on the hook when I'm float fishing. Any ideas please. :P

Wht don't you look for a nut meal boilie mix. This can then be made up exactly as you would when making boilies, just dont boil. Use eggs and flavourings and mix in the powder until you have the desired

If pastes you make, say, out of cat food and it is too soft to stay on the hook, you will need to stiffen it. The same boilie mix can be used. But one of my favorite additives I use to stiffen paste is powdered instant mash, you do not need a lot as it takes up a lot of liquid.

My favorite paste of all time is made from tinned Chappie dog food. I use the sloppy stuff straight from the tin as feed (you wouldn't feed it your dog) and stiffen some up with powdered mash for the hook. Another little trick I've used is to firstly mount some other bait on the hook, like luncheon meat, then mold the paste around the meat. You know then that if the paste has come off, or soffened too much in the water and come off that there is still some bait left on the hook.

And yet another trick was to use a tiny float fished over depth, with no weights on the line. you then carfully tighten the float to the paste ball until the float is cocked. If the paste comes off the float will lie flat on the water letting you know.

Hope this helps

Singy

Paul Singleton

Buy yourself a breadmaker, great for the waist-line. Make yourself a 'proper' loaf of bread, eat half of it whilst it is still warm, the other half will make perfect paste. Just squeeze it into a tight ball around the hook, with the barb just peeking out, & off you go. Can't fail. You can also add honey or treacle to the paste. You can also mould it around your ledger weight. Off the shelf, pre-digested pap is not half so good.

Something else that will help with any paste is one of those little spring things you put on the hook shaft. Mold the paste into it and it will stay on nicely.

Failing in that, I have had great luck using unwaxed dental floss around the paste. Gives it just enough support to stay on the hook nicely and fish don't seem to mind it. Maybe it is near enough to the texture of weed they find it natural.

And an easy paste that is very attractive to our fish (and probably to lots of the UK ones as well) is Wheaties cereal (toasted wheat flakes) crushed up and moistened with Strawberry flavored soft drink (not sure of the UK term but Coke, Pepsi, etc. are "soft drinks" over here).

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Take one slice of bread and apply a liberal coating of fruit conserve to one side..or..make a piece and jam.Fold the sticky,fruity slice and roll flat.Place the flattened sandwich into a bag and seal.Leave overnight in a warm place.This makes it nice and sweaty.Take the offending bag on your next visit.Do not confuse this with your own packed lunch,even if you are peckish.Break off as much as required and roll onto your hook.A nice doughy/sweet/fruity hookbait which will not come flying off on your first cast will be your reward for this laborious venture.The good bit is you can try different jams and marmalades till you are happy you have a good 'un.Good for Roach in the Summer and Carp?....well any old time because they are just big greedy Goldfish. :)

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

"Something else that will help with any paste is one of those little spring things you put on the hook shaft. Mold the paste into it and it will stay on nicely."

Yes korum paste springs costs £1.10 3 size 3 of each size in the pack.9 springs not bad and they work really well :D

Dragonfly