The C.A., this is who they are.

Peter Waller

This lead was passed pnto me by a fellow AN poster, I think it relevant information for all politically minded anglers. Who are we in league with? Read on & find out & judge for yourselves:

http://www.corporatewatch.org.uk/pages/Cou...e_Alliance.html

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corporate watch????????

More like PETA in disguise!!

Den.

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Peter Waller:

I think it relevant information for all politically minded anglers. :

http://www.corporatewatch.org.uk/pages/Cou...e_Alliance.html

Looks like corporate watch are an organisation not to be trusted or given much credance, thanks for the heads up Peter.

[ 14 May 2002, 09:13 AM: Message edited by: Tim Kelly ]

Tim

Tim...you make of it what you will,the points of

reference include The Observer,Times,Guardian,

Spectator and Daily Express...you probably have

credence problems with these also.

It would be interesting to know how many members

of this forum even realised that the CA were a

Limited Company listed at Companies House.

Be Lucky!....miasma..

poledark:

Corporate watch????????

More like PETA in disguise!!

Den.

Den & Tim, I will accept that much of Corporate Watch's web site is anti establishment in tone. But PETA in disguise! Both Tim and Den, may I suggest that you go back & read it all again. Look through the bias & accept that the facts as facts, because that is what they are.

I've spent all afternoon checking and cross referencing the facts according to Corporate Watch. There are certain advantages of being self employed and semi-retired and having nothing better to do because its the close season! My honest feeling is that the facts are correct and that they uphold what I already knew of the CA's history. As anglers I believe that we would be foolish to ignore this information.

Rather than seeing them as PETA, I would suggest a better analagy would be Greenpeace or Friends of the Earth.

The question that needs to be asked is not whether you like what you have read about the CA from Corporate Watch, rather, do you think, now that you know many more facts about the CA, is Angling wise to link, in anyway, with the CA?

Peter

I've just re-read the page and all I can get out of it, when you look through the bile, is that they are a broad based country sports organisation who also champion rural issues. What on earth is wrong with that?

The authors of the page, corporate watch, are clearly totally anti "blood" sports, and you may notice they seem to catagorise fishing as a "blood" sport.

What don't you like about the CA? I can't imagine there is any harm in having an organisation which covers all field sports (including fishing) and general rural issues under one umbrella. You may not, personally, be too keen on being associated with shooters, hunters, farmers etc but if the "antis" group us all together we might as well show a united front against them.

Tim

I have to agree broadly speaking with your argument Tim! I too think that we ignore the CA and all it stands for at our peril. I do not personally agree with the sport of hunting Deer and Foxes with hounds but on the other hand I respect the views of the people who do, because they obviously think it is right.

Just as you Peter and I think that fishing in it's various forms is OK. And all I ask is that people respect my view, not neccesarily agree with it but respect yes!

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))