annual licence scrapped{not a wind up}

Andrew

OW cum on teepee 16 r u kiddin

At what age can one vote 18{wish i was 18 again}

But to be serious HOW can we bring youngsters into fishing and keep them here?

If i knew the answer i would tell all.

What about SCHOOL should it be taught there? nobody knows.

Should we have more publicity A BIG YES.

We could discuss this forever, to me get 10 kids, get one fishing, that is better than none

But two is better than one.

Tight lines to all

Jangar

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i must admit jangar that was'nt the reply i expected, i thought it would have been more like well if the kids go free what about the pensioners you know the rich people

your right about how to get them interested dont know the answer but we do need them, :cool:

Have i said something wrong tp?kids go free so be it, up to what age?? what is a fair age for a licence? the powers to be have to decide that one

On your second question no comment{my dad is an OAP} 70YRS OLD

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Actually that is a damn good idea, free for pensioners. Starting in November so I can qualify in December. :rolleyes:

By the way did I tell you that I will be 65 then? :D

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

I pay my respects to you poledark

May you get what you want.

TIGHT LINES TO ALL

Jangar

“Vescere bracis meis”

Below are the license regulations for my home state. Some would not apply to your situation but I have bold-faced and italicized a couple that might do well for you. BTW - not mentioned is the fact that the license has fixed start/stop dates - major bummer if you happen to get one a week or two before the new one is due. Ah well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Persons under age 16 are exempt from the requirement of a basic fishing license.

A youth under age 16 accompanied by a properly licensed adult may enjoy those privileges conveyed by the licenses held by the accompanying adult.*

A youth under age 16 who possesses the appropriate license or licenses of a parent or guardian may exercise all privileges conveyed by the license(s) held.*

A landowner or person leasing land primarily for cultivation, his spouse, and dependents under 18 residing with him, may hunt, trap and fish on such land without a license.*

The game lands license is not required to fish in any waters on game lands.

A fishing license is not required to fish in a private pond. A pond or lake located on land owned by a public body such as a state-supported university or a governmental entity is not a private pond.

A resident may fish with natural bait in his county of residence without a basic fishing license. "Natural bait" is any bait which may be beneficially digested by fish. An individual must carry a form of identification that indicates the name and current address. This exemption does not apply to the special trout license.

July 4th is declared "Free Fishing Day" and a fishing license is not required on this date.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All states have a minimum age below which you do not need a license. They range from 14 to 16.

The exemption if you are fishing near home with natural bait recognizes the fact that folks with limited money may not be able to afford a license. They assume that lure anglers will be a little bit better off financially and that folks who can afford it do travel to fish as well as fish near home so will need to buy a license.

The "no license required" day varies by state and if we are arranging a fish-in, we will usually pick that day so those who will only be in the state for the fish-in or those just wishing to try the fishing thing can avoid the hassle of getting a license for just one day during the year.

Not mentioned but also an option is the "lifetime license". You pay a fee that is equal to about 20 years of license fees and then never have to buy one again.

I know there are differences since our fishing licenses are regional and yours are national but some of the ideas are worth considering.

Items marked with the * refer to sorts of fishing other than "sport fishing" for which additional licensing is required.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

What about SCHOOL should it be taught there? nobody knows.

Jangar[/QB]

We used to have fishing during school hours,the woodwork teacher was right in to his fishing so he organised fishing competitions now and then, good turn out aswell, I wonder why?

We used to fish Tredegar House Lake, when it was open.Only wish it was still open, there's some big fish in there and you can practically hand feed the carp.

Cheers

Paul

[ 24 February 2002, 07:47 PM: Message edited by: paul.ed ]

well done poledark enjoy your retirement,

kids go free upto 16.(what do you think) after that they will hopfully have jobs and beable to pay there way, if they needed a licence before that age its the parents thats paying, i dont know about this 4th of july business, Newt they'll not stand for that here! we have had licence free take a friend fishing, which is a good idea to get non-anglers interested.

Hey young poledark just one little question. Just what are you going to spend all that oap pension on? :D:D:D:D:D

Del.

Del.

Founder Member OFC.

Meldrew Lives

3863705131.jpg

I Do Believe It.

teepee:

... i dont know about this 4th of july business, Newt they'll not stand for that here! ...

Well - maybe that wouldn't be the best day for a UK free day. :D

It works nicely here (use any nice day in late spring/summer early fall. I went to a fish-in held in South Carolina last year on their free day. Worked well as otherwise I would have needed a license when I was only going to fish there the one day during the year. Since yours is a national license, the same wouldn't apply exactly.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President