Why would you buy...?

Spindle

So I'm in a tackle shop on Thursday, buying a few bits and pieces and I think... need a bait bucket. Something to hold a load of hemp, corn, groundbait etc. etc. I ask the dealer what he has and he points to a corner of the shop where they have their buckets. Big plastic buckets. With SENSAS written on them....

£14.99

eh?

£14.99

eh?

£14.... ok ok... I heard you.

Fifteen quid for a plastic bucket with adverts on it? Are they having a laugh? Should they not pay me fifteen quid to walk around with one? Needless to say I got the perfect item from B&Q for about 2 or 3 quid.

Spindle "tight as a duck's ..."

Tackle Tarts Gizzmo stuff...

Have you seen the sensas sun shade for your maggots.

£15 that's a fair price compared with £450-00 to fish with Matt Hayes for a day.

But some daft sod will pay just to be exclusive.

Designer anglers or what ??

:D:D

Anglingforums Intersite Challenge Champions 2003 and 2004 http://www.anglingforums.co.uk

http://www.total-fishingclub.com

I was in a fishing shop up Skeggy way, I was looking for swivels, I got talking to the owner, he is an honest open sort of bloke, and always steered me to the cheapest item for my use( price not lowest quality), he told me that some Carp boys would only buy the swivels etc, if they said " Carp swivels " on the pack, even if he tried to point them to half price identical swivels, This is not a dig at Carp anglers, this is EXACTLY WHAT THE GUY SAID-O.K!!!- But I feel we have all fallen for this in our early angling careers.

And Spindle I agree sod paying out in order to be an advertising billboard - Trainers or Buckets, same concept

i agree about the buckets all mine come from work and are old bitmac tubs.

they put a plastic bag inside so if you empty carefully you have a perfectly clean bucket with a tight sealing lid .price free!! :D:D

later guys i`m going fishing

Danny H:

I agree sod paying out in order to be an advertising billboard

The same goes for baseball caps with manufacturers' names on them.

Also, I notice many young anglers are unsure which way round to wear them.

I solved the problem years ago by wearing a deerstalker - peaks fore and aft. :cool:

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

I agree some peices of tackle are outrageously pricey.....i was trying to get a boyant ledger stem and they did not have any and i was informed that they were £3.50 or something like that.....

anyway i used the inside tube of a cotton bud, some powergum,2 swivels,a cork ball, a snaplink with some heatshrink tubing over it all to make one.....total cost about 18p (NB this kit comes complete with Blue Peter badge and double sided sticky tape !!!)

Its amazing how prices can rocket just for the name !!

John "The Block" Westley

Don't know which sensas buckets you were looking at pal but a 17 litre sensas bucket will cost you between £3.00 and £3.50.

I've got one and i must admit its one of the best value for money items i've ever bought,i think the bucket you were looking at was complete with the 17 litre bucket riddle and thats why it was £14.99. :)

I was unloading my tackle from my car for a few hours fishing on the last day of the season when another angler pulls up in the car park. Out comes his tackle, rod holdall with about 10 rods, 2 giant bags with god knows what in them, a continental box with about 56lb of scafolding, and.....a motorised tackle trolly. How much did the trolly cost I asked, £300-00 says he, bloody hell I thought, thats worth more than all my tackle AND my car!

After about an hour he was heading for home, fishless.

Whats all the fuss about? I have just ruturned to puddle fishing after a few years off and if I need a bait bucket I go to one of my local rock factory's(I live in Blackpool) and get large buckets for free!!!! Sod paying for them!!!!! :D:D