Elvington Fish-in

phil dean

Just a quick note, I had a great time thanks in no small part to the excellent organisation of Dave and Stu, the constant verbal assualt from trogg and the more gentle Pi** take from scoobs,

I think John S slept most of the weekend, which was a good idea as the constant footfalls round the edge did make the fish a little scarce (though I had two carp on the pole na na na na na)

A lot of money was raised for a very good cause and one of the attendees, who has benefitted recently from MacMillan, more than repaid the money they spent on him by the staggering amounts he raised.

Bulldog took time out from his constant stream of double figure carp to teach me to wallace cast and fluff fling, thanks Alan, And Mr Fawcett provided quality edibles, what a sweetie he is :D

All in all a great time with good results. If however any of you planned to make a donation and forgot, please post on here so that arrangements can be made for your cheques to be sent on to the organisers.

stay safe all of you and tight lines

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

phil dean:

I think John S slept most of the weekend, which was a good idea as the constant footfalls round the edge did make the fish a little scarce (though I had two carp on the pole na na na na na)

Now come on, it wasn't me walking around that made the fish scarce, it was some geezer with the initials "A" and "F" looking into the lake that put the fish off their food! :P

It was a great weekend though, and it was good to see some old faces from the Stafford fish-in, and to meet new ones.

I couldn't believe the amount of money raised, Dave and Stu certainly deserve a round of applause for what they achieved :)

Tight lines

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Thanks fellas for all your support and I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves.

Just tidying up a few loose ends at the moment and then the exact figure will be known. I set a target of £5,000 early on in the year and by gawd we managed it.

One thing that did concern me though John is that when I took the Beer Barrel home there was 6 pints left in it, were you full :D

Here's to the next one

Regards, Dave

Webbo:

One thing that did concern me though John is that when I took the Beer Barrel home there was 6 pints left in it, were you full   :D  

Well, I did have a pot-noodle on Saturday afternoon, and someone let me have a chip after the van came down later that day, so I was pretty full by then :rolleyes:

Tell you what - If I send you the glasses, can you post the 6 pints off to me? I'd hate to see them going to waste :D

Take care

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

phil dean:

Just a quick note, I had a great time thanks in no small part to the excellent organisation of Dave and Stu, the constant verbl assualt from trogg and the more gentle Pi** take from scoobs,

A lot of money was raised for a very good cause and one of the attendees, who has benefitted recently from MacMillan, more than repaid the money they spent on him by the staggering amounts he raised.

Bulldog took time out from his constant stream of double figure carp to teach me to wallace cast and fluff fling, thanks Alan, And Mr Fawcett provided quality edibles, what a sweetie he is   :D  

All in all a great time with good results. If however any of you planned to make a donation and forgot, please post on here so that arrangements can be made for your cheques to be sent on to the organisers.

stay safe all of you and tight lines

Hi Phil

Just a bit puzzeled Re your Remarks On Bulldogs

"constant stream of double figure carp"

you must be talking of his Ghost Carp Then :rolleyes::P:D

david

I also agree a great and well organised weekend, not only was a large amount of money raised for a good cause,i also got the chance to put some more faces to names, not to mention beating my personal best eel by about 4lb(previous best was about 4 oz).Looking forward to the next one.

Regards Paul Mc

Funny that Bulldog chose not to reply........ :D

To be fair it was great to meet alan and have some expert casting tuition, being a mere pole angler

He did have a run after the first cast in, which dropped the bait soon after picking it up, and his rods were silent for the rest of the weekend, add to that having a cold, a son with him, and an annoying yorkshireman who wanted to learn to cast, it can't have been an easy weekend!!!

As I said above, a great weekend

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY