New Tackle Consultant at Wychwood

Dales

Fellas, as I see it, many people visit forums for advice and information; I have noticed however as I'm sure that most of you have, that they also become an ideal place to 'bash' at other anglers.....This thread revolves around a 10 year old young lady who is enjoying her angling and MAY just have a few ideas of her own. I once took a 12 year old lad fishing and he battered me because he knew the water! Once HE gave me some advice, I did fairly well....We are not ALL experts.

Whilst I appreciate that the idea of her being a 'consultant' may be a little far fetched for some to accept, there is obviously some merit in taking the young lady onboard to highlight the product range she is using to encourage other youngsters into our sport, which, to me, can only be a fantastic thing for the future? All kids follow their peers, wear the same make-up and outfits as Cheryl Cole etc and why? Because they see others doing the same....Ideal opportunity to open a few doors to new female anglers?

Imagine how she would feel to read some of the comments already posted? Hardly a warm welcome or very encouraging? C'mon lads, she is 10 years old, give her a chance to shine, enjoy her fishing and maybe open your eyes a bit??

I've not read the full story, but I'm sure all anglers on here, once they have had a think about it, got through the 'consultant' bit, would wish her well and hope the young lady goes onto later success! I would hope to see more of the same!

Good luck!

(I'm not her old man, any relation or otherwise before you ask!)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fellas, as I see it, many people visit forums for advice and information; I have noticed however as I'm sure that most of you have, that they also become an ideal place to 'bash' at other anglers.....This thread revolves around a 10 year old young lady who is enjoying her angling and MAY just have a few ideas of her own. I once took a 12 year old lad fishing and he battered me because he knew the water! Once HE gave me some advice, I did fairly well....We are not ALL experts.

Whilst I appreciate that the idea of her being a 'consultant' may be a little far fetched for some to accept, there is obviously some merit in taking the young lady onboard to highlight the product range she is using to encourage other youngsters into our sport, which, to me, can only be a fantastic thing for the future? All kids follow their peers, wear the same make-up and outfits as Cheryl Cole etc and why? Because they see others doing the same....Ideal opportunity to open a few doors to new female anglers?

Imagine how she would feel to read some of the comments already posted? Hardly a warm welcome or very encouraging? C'mon lads, she is 10 years old, give her a chance to shine, enjoy her fishing and maybe open your eyes a bit??

I've not read the full story, but I'm sure all anglers on here, once they have had a think about it, got through the 'consultant' bit, would wish her well and hope the young lady goes onto later success! I would hope to see more of the same!

Good luck!

This opinion was brought to you by Pallatrax :rolleyes::D

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Clint it seems to me that no one here (well I'm certainly not) is "bashing" the young lady but instead the "carp machine" that has the crassness to exploit her as an advertising gimmick.

A fair point.......my apologies, perhaps I could've worded it a little better.......

I do wish her well and have no wish to be negative about her. There are plenty of very good young anglers out there and some of them may well have a bright future in angling and this young lady may well be one of them.

But it is the "consultant" bit I find a little difficult and that's the company hype machine and not the young angler.

Stephen

Species Caught 2014

Zander, Pike, Bream, Roach, Tench, Perch, Rudd, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Eel, Grayling, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout

Species Caught 2013

Pike, Zander, Bream, Roach, Eel, Tench, Rudd, Perch, Common Carp, Koi Carp, Brown Goldfish, Grayling, Brown Trout, Chub, Roosterfish, Dorado, Black Grouper, Barracuda, Mangrove Snapper, Mutton Snapper, Jack Crevalle, Tarpon, Red Snapper

Species Caught 2012
Zander, Pike, Perch, Chub, Ruff, Gudgeon, Dace, Minnow, Wels Catfish, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Roach, Bream, Eel, Rudd, Tench, Arapaima, Mekong Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Marbled Tiger Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Thai Redtail Catfish, Batrachian Walking Catfish, Siamese Carp, Rohu, Julliens Golden Prize Carp, Giant Gourami, Java Barb, Red Tailed Tin Foil Barb, Nile Tilapia, Black Pacu, Red Bellied Pacu, Alligator Gar
Species Caught 2011
Zander, Tench, Bream, Chub, Barbel, Roach, Rudd, Grayling, Brown Trout, Salmon Parr, Minnow, Pike, Eel, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Koi Carp, Crucian Carp, F1 Carp, Blue Orfe, Ide, Goldfish, Brown Goldfish, Comet Goldfish, Golden Tench, Golden Rudd, Perch, Gudgeon, Ruff, Bleak, Dace, Sergeant Major, French Grunt, Yellow Tail Snapper, Tom Tate Grunt, Clown Wrasse, Slippery Dick Wrasse, Doctor Fish, Graysby, Dusky Squirrel Fish, Longspine Squirrel Fish, Stripped Croaker, Leather Jack, Emerald Parrot Fish, Red Tail Parrot Fish, White Grunt, Bone Fish
Species Caught 2010
Zander, Pike, Perch, Eel, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Crucian Carp, Siamese Carp, Asian Redtail Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Rohu, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Pacu, Long Tom, Moon Wrasse, Sergeant Major, Green Damsel, Tomtate Grunt, Sea Chub, Yellowtail Surgeon, Black Damsel, Blue Dot Grouper, Checkered Sea Perch, Java Rabbitfish, One Spot Snapper, Snubnose Rudderfish
Species Caught 2009
Barramundi, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Wallago Leeri Catfish, Wallago Attu Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Mrigul, Siamese Carp, Java Barb, Tarpon, Wahoo, Barracuda, Skipjack Tuna, Bonito, Yellow Eye Rockfish, Red Snapper, Mangrove Snapper, Black Fin Snapper, Dog Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Marble Grouper, Black Fin Tuna, Spanish Mackerel, Mutton Snapper, Redhind Grouper, Saddle Grouper, Schoolmaster, Coral Trout, Bar Jack, Pike, Zander, Perch, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Common Carp, Golden Tench, Wels Catfish
Species Caught 2008
Dorado, Wahoo, Barracuda, Bonito, Black Fin Tuna, Long Tom, Sergeant Major, Red Snapper, Black Damsel, Queen Trigga Fish, Red Grouper, Redhind Grouper, Rainbow Wrasse, Grey Trigger Fish, Ehrenbergs Snapper, Malabar Grouper, Lunar Fusiler, Two Tone Wrasse, Starry Dragonet, Convict Surgeonfish, Moonbeam Dwarf Angelfish,Bridled Monocle Bream, Redlined Triggerfish, Cero Mackeral, Rainbow Runner
Species Caught 2007
Arapaima, Alligator Gar, Mekong Catfish, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Pacu, Siamese Carp, Barracuda, Black Fin Tuna, Queen Trigger Fish, Red Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Honeycomb Grouper, Red Grouper, Schoolmaster, Cubera Snapper, Black Grouper, Albacore, Ballyhoo, Coney, Yellowfin Goatfish, Lattice Spinecheek

Dont usually do Forums, as I much prefer to actually go fishing than just talking about it.

Seems you have not done your research on this kid, for one, she has been top rod on her water for the last twelve months. 2, she has indeed developed a rig used when fishing method that is not only safe in the event of a breakage, but also ensures more concise hooking. 3, She has developed her own method mix by reading up on the finer points of bait development and by talking to experienced anglers such as Tim Richardson and Martin Gibbinson. 4. She can bang a lead 90 yards accurately time and time again, unaided. 5, She started fishing a pole at 4 years old, progressed onto a rod at 5 years old, landed her first double figure carp at six and her first 20, and at the time the lake record at seven, she has gone on to catch consistently ever since. 6, She still fishing the pole and rod for roach, chub, tench etc and also enjoys a bit pf predator fishing, meaning her water craft remains diverse

She has never owned a pink fishing rod, and unlike many grown up anglers can see right through the Realtree and Camo fad.

Anyway, thats a bit about her, want to know more, pop along to Five Lakes in March, we can all learn something from a young angler who has not been brainwashed into a particular rig or bait because the mags have described it as the next 'Big Fish Rig' etc.

Oh yeah, im her old man.

G

Excellent credentials and a youngster as a consultant great idea .

seems to me that a bit of jealousy from some of the older anglers is showing here ,

maybe some of us could learn from her i will certainly look forward to hearing more in the future .

no matter which company is she a consultant with .

cheers Pete :thumbs:

Edited by peterpikefisher

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

Maybe the company simply want to float a few ideas past her, she seems to be quite competant and has caught a few fish.

With a young uncluttered mind, she may have some valid opinions, and maybe, just maybe, they are looking to the possible future, and have "signed her up" as a future asset. Good luck to the lass :)

Den

Edited by poledark

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Maybe the company simply want to float a few ideas past her, she seems to be quite competant and has caught a few fish.

With a young uncluttered mind, she may have some valid opinions, and maybe, just maybe, they are looking to the possible future, and have "signed her up" as a future asset. Good luck to the lass :)

Den

I can understand the "uncluttered mind" bit Den as it is true that for most of us the more we learn the more we can become set in our ways and inflexible to new ideas (I'm one of the worst for this) but all the same I just struggle to see how anything constructive can come without some degree of experience, and purely by age alone (unless she can fish every day!) I just cant see how a sufficiently high enough level could be achieved.

At that age I doubt many people were keener for knowledge or spent more time on the bank than myself! Many adult and a few known anglers (Dick Walker.Peter Mohan to name two) actually commented on how knowledgeable I was for my age but in retrospect I couldn't have offered anything other than my enthusiasm to a company!

As I keep saying its not about the young lady,good luck to her (and lets hope her advisers/parents are savvy enough to milk the company for as much as they can get for her and I don't just mean cash or freebie tackle) and hope she enjoys it.But my problem is that I rather cynically thing the company is "using" her and was a bit insulted (but kind of understood why) that her Dad tried to justify her appointment by claiming she was "qualified" /"experienced" enough.if you understand what I mean?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Good luck!

look, no one is bashing her, we are all bashing wychwood,

at the end of the day do you think that manchester should be run by a 10 year old? or chelsea? or how about our banking system? it would be silly.

i lost faith in wychwood because of this...

like i said i am not bashing the girl. i don't know her.

and now per week due to laws she can only fish for a few hours otherwise wychwood or her mum/dad can be prosicuted...

as now fishing is her job, argue all you like it is what it is, also if she gives any advice about fishing that will too be classed as her job, talk about wychwood it is her job, i can't remember the law for how many hours a week she can work but i think it's near 10 hours,

if she was 18+ i would be like wicked get on she could show the world on how to fish, but it's just too soon to young...

i hope she does great in her life as a fishergirl/woman and i wish her luck, i do feel bad for her in getting slated when i am sure all of us was bashing wychwood. i hope her father understands.