Why kill Zander?

Peter Waller

Zander are in the rivers, a simple fact. I don't suppose that can ever be totally reversed, so why this hate campaign? They were introduced in the first place by the forerunner of the EA, so why try & turn the clock back now? Have had them on the Stour, & enjoyed catching them. Be rather nice if we had them on the Waveney!! Carp are an alien fish to our rivers, no one goes around popping them off, so why zander?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

did`nt they tell you?there those nasty fish with black capes!they only come out at night and drink the blood of all other fish and turn them into zander!they butcher and breed till only zander remain!only garlic can stop them!

then again if they were as bad as people say wouldnt they have destroyed there natural habitat(original location)and become extinct through lack of food? :confused:

later guys i`m going fishing

I agree with you Peter this time I,ve never caught a zander at this rate I wont be able to they will be all dead ,and that lunatic who killed that specimen 17lber should be named and shamed and prosecuted for fishing out of season on a river and killing a prize fish Oh sod it name is Christopher Charles from Halesowen West Midlands next time anyone see him fishing say hello from all of us .JP

He who simply trys, Is not trying hard enuff

Strange what one little ponds seperation will do for attitude. Zander, the second or third most popular fish in the US will be stocked at an astonishing rate just to keep up with current demand. (guessing I'd say, bass, trout, walleye)

BTW, the best way to ensure they are dead after capture for the pot is to drive a wooden stake through their heart.

Phone

Guest Ferret1959

If you fished a place and over the years noticed your catch dwindling and noticed zander on the increase would you say "oh it's ok the zander will eventually eat all the fish and then they will die from starvation" or would you like to help the process along a bit.

If you fished a place and over the years noticed your catch dwindling and noticed Cormorants on the increase would you say "oh it's ok the Cormorants will eventually eat all the fish and then they will die from starvation" or would you like to help the process along a bit.

If I'm talking rubbish just say so but these are my thoughts on this subject.

Excellent idea IMO to kill off all the zander, pike, catfish, and perch. Probably the chubb as well.

No need to have those nasty pred fish thinning the population of minnows and tiny fish of all species - and really horrible of them to pick on the sick, weak ones.

Stick to only having bottom feeding fish that are mainly into veggies and you will have kinder, gentler waters.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Guest Ferret1959

Why not just introduce predators for zander.

IMO they are a problem, by rights they shouldn't be in our waters any way. Don't we have enough predators????

Guest Ferret1959

What about crayfish(the big ones I just can't think of the breed), they where introduced and caused problems and people kill them, don't they?