Another River laid Fallow

benacre

These are true facts, it was given up due to more club anglers wanting to fish commercial in matches. joining other clubs with easier angling and access and the fact that access was a long walk c .5 mile to get to the bank, Easier fishing was to be found elsewhere.

It was nothing to do with new landowners. The river is c 20' wide and c7' deep but the fish in there are very good.

These reasons are poor I know but true.

I'm lucky to go fishing everyday (when the FPO allows me)

East Anglian Fishing Forum

http://www.easternanglers.co.uk/

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lets look at the average United Kingdom Club.

But does the club have a website - no.

Does the club advertise its existence even locally - no.

Does the club have a regular newsletter - no.

Does the club send regular mails out - no.

Does the club send regular E-mails out - no.

Does the club notify all members of forthcoming matches - no.

So some might say what does the club do for them.

So how and where except in tackle shops does one mention it the committee would very soon just dismiss regular letters from anglers and how many anglers have the time to just sit and write on a regular base and then remember to post it.

Come on Rod you expect volunteer members who run clubs with no thanks from anyone to do all of the above in your post but the average angler cannot be bothered to write and post a letter.

You are on a wind up surely.

John

What you say Rod rings true for nearly every "local" club in the country! and quite possibly for the reasons John gives. Don't make it right though. Club secretary's theses days think taking minutes at the AGM is their sole role!

Benacre its madness at a £1 a year it wouldn't matter in no member fished it! be worth many times more just to have it on the club ticket simply as another venue.

However if the landowner expects bailiffing,maintenance of tracks,fences,gates or what ever ( these sort of things are the "facts" I was referring to) then it would go to explaining the decision and of course the token rent. Taking in to account the simple fact that it appears the club felt (rightly or wrongly) that "no one fished it"

Negotiate a lease on it and I will gladly pay the rent for you and any other like minded guys you choose! Just let us all have the occasional AN Small River Fish In there!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!