handling fish for the first time

new2it

new2it ,i bet he would

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok then you lot, it's time to own up, who, and be honest, thought that new2it was a fella. Why do we always assume that angling/fishing is a mans passtime, after all, and I stand to be corrected on this but is'nt the Brittish rod caught Salmon record held by a member of the fair sex, and has been for years. I for won assumed I was posting to a male, although, (and here comes the flack I suppose) thought he was a bit of a girl. this only goes to support Elton's stand on bad language on these pages.

Chesters realy got snagged, :D:D:D I larfed, magic Chesters, but your still numero uno

so hand towels and marigolds win then :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Nugg:

Ok then you lot, it's time to own up, who, and be honest, thought that new2it was a fella. this only goes to support Elton's stand on bad language on these pages.

Chesters realy got snagged, :D:D:D I larfed, magic Chesters, but your still numero uno

I just wish a stand against bad language, and behaviour, on the bank could also be a reality!

Nugg:

Hi Peter,

Without going into too much detail, can you elaborate on what you ment

I suppose its hardly unique to angling but the mindless, and continuous use of the dreaded 'F' word hardly does 'angling' any great favours.

We do not fish in isolation, we share the river banks with walkers, bird watchers etc. We share rivers with people on boats, or people who actually live besides the river.

These people don't tend to be folk who use offensive language quite as freely as many anglers do.

There are, or were now, two little old spinsters who live besides Oulton Broad, one recently died. A pike angler, on a boat called Esox, sometimes moors up at the end of their garden. If he snags, or looses a fish, then the sky turns a vivid blue. If he needs a pee he just stands up, in full view of their house, and relieves himself. His public behaviour does no great favours to anyone. He even carries on like that when his wife & child are on the boat with him!

Even Des Taylor has advocated the use of foul language in AT because it is a 'man thing' & men go fishing! No wonder we are known as 'coarse' fishemen. Thoroughly 'coarse'!

I'm all for a good old anglo-saxon cursing session when things get really bad. Growing up in a fishing port does instill a useful ability to let rip, when the occasion demands. But not every other word of every sentence.

But when every other word refers to an anglers second most favourite pastime, shouted loudly, in public, it does the image of angling no great favours.

Perhaps I am old fashioned. When we were kids saying 'damn' was considered pretty bad.

[ 10 June 2002, 12:22 AM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

Thank's Peter

Bit more there than expected,

I am in full agreement with you if, and I have no reason to doubt, what you say is true.

I would go so far as to say that I believe, disgusting behaviuor such as you decribe, shows no respect for themselves as well as others. We, like so many others have a privelidge to use the countryside not a sole right, such inconsideration does the angling fraternity nothing but harm, and is only giving the anti's ammunition. Yes every thing has a place, and there's a place for everything. If these people could see themselves as others see them maybe they would change their ways, but some are so self centred as to be able to see themselves as they realy are, indecsent, unsociable, verbal thugs.

chesters1:

so hand towels and marigolds win then :D

IS IT RIGHT THAN MEN DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE TOWELS AND MARIGOLDS FOR WASHING UP AS I WAS TOLD IT'S BECAUSE THEIR FEET DON'T FIT UNDER THE SINK, SO IT'S CLASSED AS A JOB FOR THE LADIES. SORRY GUYS NO OFFENCE MEANT REALLY!!!

BY THE WAY A JOKE FOR YOU MEN -

WHY IS PSYCHOANALYSIS A LOT QUICKER FOR MEN THAN FOR WOMEN?

ANSWER: WHEN IT'S TIME TO GO BACK TO HIS CHILDHOOD, HE'S ALREADY THERE.

sue - I do think the

men = older boys with bigger toys

probably says it all. :)

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President