Ladies, Gentlemen and friends, a moment please....

Alan Stubbs

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alan, may I offer my congratulations to you and Bernadette and all the the best in the future. :thumbs:

Thanks Andy. We're really looking forward to meeting up with you again soon.

Whether or not there's black pudding involved!

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

The issue between my son and I was the result of an ex-friend (and favourite honorary uncle) losing his grip on reality, and at a time of great upheaval chose to spread lies and venom. We are now enjoying open dialogue, each other's compamy and a shared sense of the absurdity of what we allowed happen.

I learned that when a marriage fails, deliberately taking the blame for the failure upon yourself to ensure they have a less jaunduced viewpoint of the person they're staying with, is as dishonest as the person you're protecting declining to assme any responsibility.

I'm obviously overjoyed at being able to commit to a relationship with someone who cared for me from the moment I moved to Liverpool and just gets daily more vital to be with, but to have heard Sue say on her relaease from hospital 'I will not let this sh*t beat me!' means as much.

Sue and I are very close... I helped her learn to read after 49 years, and take great pleasure in hearing her read and give a critique on the books she's devouring. The local library, knowing of her situation, print her off a list each week of the books she's read for the year to date along with Sue's less acerbic critiques.

I can advise that an ideal present for an allegedly reformed alcoholic when evicted for a litany of offences against his ex-wife was to send him a large cardboard box and a bottle of meths. Petty, childish, potentially dangerouus..... but the leasure was immense.

Steve, I hope Santa brings good stuff!

Life it don`t half get complicated at times eh?? Glad your`s is looking much better and congrats to you both .

Gotta drive to Reading in a mo take my Mum in to see Dad who was rushed into Hospital on Monday but it does make you realise visiting there that your lot aint that bad after all ,And the parking should be easy for a change Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Yee-hah! Congratulations on your good news, Alan - all of it! :D

Thanks Dave, I've been al over the place this week.

I phoned Mum and Sue this morning, Sue's greeting was 'What do you want, you pain in the neck?'

She's definitely on the mend!

All the best to you and yor family.

Hmmm!

Does Bernadette fish? :)

Erm...better than me.... and my step-daughter to be is good enough to teach her peers.

The world is a good place, Leon and people as motivated as you to keep it so are to be treasured..

All the best to you and yor family.