another pike question

viney

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That wasn't aimed at you in particular. It was just a general observation that I've been harping on about for 10 years.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Going back a few pages, Budgie, I'm not a lure only angler, but since I like catching I do do it more than bait fishing!

Yes, I'm still alive but so often, after a number of years, its a case of going over old ground so I look more than I post in my dotage.

very well put Emma I'm with you on this one however i do use dead bait on some occasions not live bait it's (Illegal) in Scotland

Peter and the 2 Andys just curious if livebaiting wasn't illegal up there would you use it ?? Steve

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Going back a few pages, Budgie, I'm not a lure only angler, but since I like catching I do do it more than bait fishing!

Me too.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

so nobody is going to comment on the first couple of posts regarding deep hooked pike being your next meal ?, you guys go way off on mental rants :P

a deep hooked pike is not necessarily a dead pike as this topic has probably lead some to believe it is(passing visitors or antis perhaps ?).

if you are able to pull the gut out (slowly and carefully) and cut the trebles just bellow the barb to allow you to remove the hooks without much of a fuss then the pike will be dandy. I've done it myself once without any problems and i am no expert angler as im sure Andy will clarify :P.

i can safely say that pike was well and truly alive when i returned her.

now if you cant pull the gut out, chances are the trebles are stuck on internal organs and that pike may well not go back alive. This i have never experienced so don't want to comment any further

Edited by Andy_1984

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

so nobody is going to comment on the first couple of posts regarding deep hooked pike being your next meal ?, you guys go way off on mental rants :P

Perhaps enough has already been said?

No doubt a subject which will emerge again.

Edited by Emma two
"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Andy, just because a pike swims off is no guarantee that it will survive. Far too many folk kid themselves that the pike that they catch all survive, they don't. I live besides what was a prolific pike fishery. You might be surprised at just how often I have heard people brag that they had caught so and so pike and it had swum off strongly, that sometimes they had even cut the hooks out of her guts and she was fine, and then I have found her floating dead sometime later. Pike fishing on the Broads is in serious decline and you know what, everyone that fishes for them is an expert!

Peter and the 2 Andys just curious if livebaiting wasn't illegal up there would you use it ?? Steve

Probably not to much fafing about with air pumps etc to keep live bait in good condition ,

loch lomond has alien species like dace ,small carp etc (released by ) folk who couldn't be bothered taking there live bat back down south .

after a trip up here to fish for big pike .

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

Andy, just because a pike swims off is no guarantee that it will survive. Far too many folk kid themselves that the pike that they catch all survive, they don't. I live besides what was a prolific pike fishery. You might be surprised at just how often I have heard people brag that they had caught so and so pike and it had swum off strongly, that sometimes they had even cut the hooks out of her guts and she was fine, and then I have found her floating dead sometime later. Pike fishing on the Broads is in serious decline and you know what, everyone that fishes for them is an expert!

A simple fact that far to many pike anglers just dont want to accept Im afraid Peter.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!