intrepids

nathan

theres a steady turnover on e`bay ,the prices go from expensive to outrageouse (they were the cheaper end of the market) i didnt know mitchells had intrepid i would like to see a pic ,how about posting on on your post :)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• 1 month later...

Chesters, can you give any examples? Could we add 'guide prices' to Collectors Net?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

elton its the usual condition condition condition ,whether its boxed and has it got the paperwork but mainly as with auctions if 2 people REALLY want it the skies the limit :( so prices paid arnt really a guide to its real value only the value the two people place on it ,strangly enough the realy late ones are the hardest to find :(

most of mine are unboxed :( but to write a book about them i need pictures of them ,collecting the complete set for photo`s is the only way to get round the niggles with using other peoples pictures etc. i have a couple of pre production models the colours are not standard (usually black) but ones painted by the production team for evaluation ,how much these are worth is unknown and as they were a gift from an ex staff member (thanks Terry Race) will never be sold by me :)

dragonbat your one looks remarkably like the one on the other post :D and i never got an answer to that :(

havent seen nathan lately so still waiting for his pic :(

if anyone out there collects intrepid i now have the complete list of fixed spools from 1958 to 1980 , a few i havent collected yet remain though

[ 22. December 2002, 07:20 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• 4 weeks later...

Chesters1,

I was rooting through the garage yesterday and came across some old reels I'd forgotten about. One is an 'Intrepid Continental' by K.P. Merritts (?) but is without the bail arm and check lever. Do you know where these spares could be bought?...Not that I'll ever use the reel but it looks sorry without them.

Also do you know when this reel was in production.

Cheers

Paul

I too have an Intrepid Continental, is a sort of metalflake light green. It was the more upmarket model of the time. The plastic grip on the handle is missing, and the helical gearing is a bit stiff. I can't use it as the bail arm is somewhat grooved with use, and would chafe line quite quickly. I seem to remember buying it in the late 50's/early 60's. I had it repaired once by Morritt's, who made no charge. It's a left hand wind only. There was a place I seem to remember some where in the West country that used to repair or refurbish them, but again that was in the 1980's. I even have the plastic collar supplied to increase the spool diameter, saving line. aah, such are memoriesMemories

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

the place in the westcountry WAS kp morritts (they moved there from cheam in 1968) the spares i hear where all sold to a tackleshop? near falmouth when the company folded in 1980 (albeit under another owner),none of the ex employees i know know what shop it was :(

the reel was introduced in 1959

advert here http://anglersnet.co.uk/collectors/

and sold for a couple of years , i have a green lhw and an ambidextrouse black one ,there was also a certain rhw green one ( i have seen a picture)so no doubt the same black versions :)

Whilst looking for my Continental which has done a disappearing act, I found an Intrepid ROLA which I bought in a charity shop along with an Intrepid standard.

I have a picture of it on my hard drive in jpg format, but couldn't figure out how to include it in the post. Can anyone help on this Ta

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

Follow the instructions on this link.....It's dead easy

Posting Pics

Paul