barbel flavours

J.K

If using a swimfeeder on the large rivers for barbel i have found that the 3mm halibut pellets work a treat in the feeder and they draw in the fish as well,then simply hair rig alternate baits like boilies or the large halibut pellets.

Always worth varying the sizes of the hookbaits that you hair as have found sometimes big is good then other days smaller works better.

You can also pva bag for effect as well.

Shaun

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PV Abags of pellets with a big old halibut pellet as allready mentioned :D

keep trickling in the pellets befroe you fish if you can to make sure you defo go them feeding, you could try grounding the pellets down and making a paste to use, extra weight advantage and can roll it round the swim :D

Trigga boilies excellent idea, but again need to get them in there to get some confidence on feeding on them :D

got my eye on a local river which stocks big chub and barble, hopefully i can put my idea's into practise !!

www.stoneyandfriends.co.uk

J.K. try flavouring your meat with Chinese five spice...it's got a bit of an aniseed smell to it but it's bang on for barbel...

find it in any supermarket...usually next to the tumeric

tight lines!

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

wow ... so many options its getting hard to decide what to do lol.

Im writing these down as you give them to me so when im on the bank I open my little black book and see ah yes thats the one for today :D

2PhJuly2013sig_zps25c667b8.jpg

j.k theres a magazine out called coarse angling today,it always has features like chub n barbel tatics big perch all sorts even the odd carp article,it really is a great read,and ive learnt alot by reading it,take a look mate it'll help alot,trust me.. :)

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

never tried them,i bet they work for chub..barbel have been known to pick up sea deads aimed at pike + they love fishmeal boilies,prawns i think would be good too.savoury n fishy flavours are best me thinks.not for getting the super trigga range :P

[ 18. May 2004, 10:56 PM: Message edited by: ratty46 ]

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

I have tried prawns but they dont stay on the hook after the beating of other fish lol. Caught a chunky 4lb chub on one though and lots of small chub around 6-12oz :D

2PhJuly2013sig_zps25c667b8.jpg