Kidney beans

PRESTON

I must speak in forked tongue or something.As far a I can tell Bushwacker you heve something mixed up.

Why are you asking me why I would put them in if I believed they would'nt be eaten?..I do believe they would be eaten.That has nothing at all to do with what i was saying.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Andy, you are so wrong, the first boilies were instant. Not only instant, but devastating. In the words of the man who first made them "I am catching so fast, I can only use one rod",

This was said to me within 24hrs of the first boilies being used.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Maybe the bloke that actually coined the phrase "boilie" but the actual invention of the boilie and the origins are lost in time and will probably never acurately be accounted for.I dont even believe the boilie could be attributed to one individual in particular.

Anyway...someone asked if Kidney beans could be used as bait.I said they could.Thats all.Why you 2 would want to nitpick and detract from the original post is anyones guess.Maybe you have something on your mind perhaps..or are you just bored of other peoples "stupidity" and you feel its your duty to correct them.

[ 28. August 2002, 10:47 AM: Message edited by: Andy Macfarlane ]

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Hi Guys,

I think that I would intrduce a few free offerings over a couple of days, I have used kidney beans in the past, and never found them to be instant, i would prefare the carp to "come across" them a few times and then I would feel more confident useing them.

Andy i think that Fred Wilton was thew first "Known " angler to make Boilies, he called them Boiled specials, he exsperimented with the theory of produceing a bait that contained everything a carp needed, high nuetriant value baits (HNV),

But as you say other anglers may or may not have been on the same lines as Fred,

Back to the kidney beans,

I would consider NOT useing them in favour of a bean called "Bolottie beans" they are already to use straight from the tin and ARE instant, mega for Tench as well as carp, trouble is I tend to eat as many as I put in,

They will sit nice over soft silt, add the juice to a bit of bran and put that in as well, They can be a very good winter particle,

Give them a go!!.

Tony B.T Jolley