Warm weather

Newt

Afraid so severus.

At 15" of rain so far this year, we are even behind last year which was really dry so I guess humidity is about as close to wet as we are getting.

You've had 2 day totals higher than that haven't you?

We could do with some of that rain. Some places in the world seem to be getting increasing amounts each year, but we get less! We have been on water restrictions for 27 years and unless we start getting a lot more rain we will be remaining on them for at least another year.

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that I should be able to handle your climate. We get it into the high 40sC here with about 35% humidity. Actually that RH isn't bad, if it gets much lower you begin to burn like a crisp. However I have been in places where the temperature has only been 32C but the RH was 100% - that does take the strength out of you! Very uncomfortable too. The highest we had last summer was 48C (118). Christmas and Boxing Days were about 42C so the beaches were crowded both days.

I must say that I enjoyed Perth's climate when I lived there. And this snippet I found, alludes to that

" PERTH

During the eighties, Perth gained a well-earned reputation as an international meeting place. Its clean air, safe streets, open spaces and enviable lifestyle provide the perfect setting for conventions, events and exhibitions. Perth enjoys one of the most equable climates in the world, making it virtually an all-year round meeting destination. With its Mediterranean-type climate, Perth is Australia 's sunniest state capital with an average of eight hours of sunshine daily throughout the year."

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

I must say that I enjoyed Perth's climate when I lived there. And this snippet I found, alludes to that

" PERTH

During the eighties, Perth gained a well-earned reputation as an international meeting place. Its clean air, safe streets, open spaces and enviable lifestyle provide the perfect setting for conventions, events and exhibitions. Perth enjoys one of the most equable climates in the world, making it virtually an all-year round meeting destination. With its Mediterranean-type climate, Perth is Australia 's sunniest state capital with an average of eight hours of sunshine daily throughout the year."

Yep. that is right! We get a few days in the 40's each summer but we never get any frosts and even winter days can be in the mid to high 20's . Most of the fruit that grows in the Mediterranean areas grows here and I grow my own oranges, lemons, grapefruit, mandarins and tangellos. (I don't have a mango or pau pau tree yet though :( )

Unfortunately we seem to be getting more days in the 40s and less rain each year, so perhaps the climate is changing.

Edited by chevin

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

Afraid so severus.

At 15" of rain so far this year, we are even behind last year which was really dry so I guess humidity is about as close to wet as we are getting.

You've had 2 day totals higher than that haven't you?

Not sure, but I heard we received 6" saturday night. It is my sincere hope that all the moles in my yard drowned as a result. Wish we could send some of this water down your way to end that drought. Iowa has been getting soaked lately too.

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain

We are hoping for a couple of tropical storms (hurricanes that are dying) to move through later in the year to hopefully drop some significant amounts of water. We are in year 4 (I think - maybe 5) of water restrictions.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Ouch. Not good news even if it does not affect this area directly.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Guest Jan V

How about this tornado in Osage, IA???

osage-tornado.jpg

50 Miles due south of Osage, the town of Parkersburg, IA lost their entire town due to a tornado.

That would suck. I hope I never see sone like that, up close and personal. I just read that taking shelter under a highway bridge is one of the worst places to take refuge from a twister because they function as a wind tunnel.

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain

Guest Jan V

Sev, during the tornadoes that hit the midwest, people weren't even safe in their basements. That's the first place people are told to go to seek shelter - as you and I know.