What Rod Quiver

Paul_D

Just a quick point. Before buying a quiver it is a good idea to work out exactly what you want from it! I say this as I learnt the hard way.

For many years I had used a simple quiver brought from Andy Brown (?) it is a copy of the original Terry Eustace one but in green. Cost £19. One winter whilst sat out in the tackle workshop bored I saw the superb Aqua products range. This had a cover to go over the rod tips and reel covers to protect them and was surely a great looking piece of kit. Despite the £70+ price tag I ordered it on the spot. When it turned up I wasn’t disappointed it was well made and well designed....after only three piking trips I returned to my old one! Why? because once you had taken all the covers off and removed the reel cases etc. etc. you might as well have been using a full rod holdall! in fact it would have been quicker!

For me the beauty of my old quiver was the speed/ease that I could have the rods out when arriving for a pre dawn start and pack them away as the light went at the end of the seesion. Something I had never really thought about before.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

BUDGIE:

For me the beauty of my old quiver was the speed/ease that I could have the rods out when arriving for a pre dawn start and pack them away as the light went at the end of the seesion.

I agree with you Budgie. I also learnt the hard way as well. :( Mine is a Cotswold Aquarius quiver is a 5 rod version ,but they do it as a 3 and 4 rod as well. :)

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Here's a copy of a recent post of mine on the subject. Even if you don't buy this model I hope the comments prove helpful:

"I have a quiver from the Dream Tackle (DT) range that Hoppy is talking about. It is absolutely superb and better than anything I've seen in the UK.

What I particularly like about it is that the point of balance suits the 3 piece rods that I often use. Most quivers and holdalls are designed solely for 2 piece rods and are difficult to balance using 3 piece ones, making them very tiring to use.

It's also designed to be be carried over the left shoulder, leaving your right hand free to carry something else or open gates etc. Check this out when buying a quiver or holdall as some are designed the other way around - great if you're left-handed of course.

It has individual pockets for 4 made-up rods - far better than just 1 or 2 pockets which can lead to tangles. In fact, only yesterday I was carrying 5 rods with it, and with the 2 quick release straps instead of the usual 1 they were totally secure. It has a larger than average central pocket for brollies, a large side pocket for lots of banksticks, plus a smaller side pocket that I use for a Stewart float box that takes my bite indicators. Finally it has a separate full-length landing net pocket.

Quality is first rate. I've had mine for about 3 years now, and despite the notorious "Burke Battering", it's very nearly as good as new!

Cost was a lot less than I'd have paid in the UK - just £22!

So on this basis I reckon that any other luggage in the Dream Tackle range is well worth looking at."

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Appreciate all the input fellas.

Paul