Pat Carlin

barry luxton

Pats boat has an MSA licence to take 12 passengers it shouldnt matter what size boat he is working his can argue his case on safety grounds these sea fisheries committees get there funding from local councils from the areas they are they covering so why hasnt his MP, local councillors and even the press lobbied and got this stupid bylaw concerning angling boats amended long ago SAFETY is his number 1 we are talking about an angling boat .

paul.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For obvious reasons in that I’m likely to be called to give evidence in this case all I can say is that is about the twelve meter rule in the southern district. The bylaw number 16 can be viewed here >>> http://www.southernsfc.org.uk/byelaws/inde...les/Page508.htm

I will report back after the case.

The Bye law looks fairly clear, but it will be all down to the interpretation of the court, possible appeals, and as others have said implications to other charter skippers. It will be interesting to see if they arrest every pleasure boat visiting or otherwise who have a few mackerel feathers or a spinner out!!

Hi Barry,

SFCs (like the IFCAs that will replace them) are public statutory bodies and should be operating with transparancy.

The 'public' are able to attend meetings (and perhaps be allowed to address the committee) and to mix with members afterwards. Minutes and other public documents (such as, and especially the fishery officers' reports to the committee) are there for anyone to obtain simply by asking (some SFCs even have their minutes etc published online!).

Hopefully that will change with a move to the IFCAs, and (if there is the demand) all documents will be available on their websites, and IFCAs will do a lot more in the way of informing the wider community about their work (both things I'm keen to see happen).

Try asking them directly Barry. Or better still, go and talk to them.

Hi Leon, these new committees will be like a new broom then. You know as well as i do hundreds of emails and letters have been fired off to the old committees by anglers etc. I have sent a fair few off, so i am aware of the communications of the same. However it works both ways and communication with anglers will become more and more as those in power consider that the angler has a lot to answer for. That is my biggest concern. Again as for communication, on a personal basis, this is where the trust fall's flat on it's face, they are not really communicating with the rsa, rather around them. Case in point is obvious where the trust has previously been part and parcel in rule changing, reinforcement yet absolutely no communication with the guys who they claim to rep and govern over. It's all very well issuing press releases after the deed has been done.

Hopefully anglers will start to take their sport back from those who are trying to tell the anglers what is good for them without discussion.

Hopefully the new committees will be working on what is right, fair and common sence for the stock and the guys without personal hates and agendas being imposed.

You ain't got a copy of the trust's December sea committee meeting minutes where the trust said the eel take ban was in discussion have you. :)

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

The Bye law looks fairly clear, but it will be all down to the interpretation of the court, possible appeals, and as others have said implications to other charter skippers. It will be interesting to see if they arrest every pleasure boat visiting or otherwise who have a few mackerel feathers or a spinner out!!

:) hopefully i don't see one of the crew off the back of the patrol boat angling for tea while moored up as i would have to be the first to report him. :)

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

There was an interesting picture knocking about when this was at the amendment stage, of the SFC patrol vessel passing a Royal Navy ship, a frigate I think, which was at anchor. Any way off the back of this Navy boat was a crew member fishing. Would love to see them try and take the Navy to court.

As for public interest Leon there has been plenty prior to this case but as stated I have to watch what I say for the moment.

Tight lines Bob

Edited by Deene'0
Publication2_zpsthmtka6c.jpg

Must say Leon that my local SFC has showed me nothing but openness and transparency over the past 40 years. When ever I contact them or ask for information regarding by-laws etc they are more than helpful.

As you say you can go on line and read all that is said at there committee meetings anyway and if you want there is access to the public at most meetings. I know (from what I have read on here) that not all SFC, s are as helpful but let’s give a bit of credit where credit is dew. These committee members put in a lot of unpaid time and effort. So let’s not be totally negative about the new IFCA, s before they have even got up and running.

Flapper.

Must say Leon that my local SFC has showed me nothing but openness and transparency over the past 40 years. When ever I contact them or ask for information regarding by-laws etc they are more than helpful.

As you say you can go on line and read all that is said at there committee meetings anyway and if you want there is access to the public at most meetings. I know (from what I have read on here) that not all SFC, s are as helpful but let’s give a bit of credit where credit is dew. These committee members put in a lot of unpaid time and effort. So let’s not be totally negative about the new IFCA, s before they have even got up and running.

Flapper.

Of course they are nice to the public, that is who they are in place for. The higher echelons get paid. However as demonstrated, the system in place allows for some within to appear to have a hatred of the same and use the existing rules and regs as a tool to impose their hatred, that then makes the rules appear to be a comedy act.

Edited by barry luxton

Of course they are nice to the public, that is who they are in place for. The higher echelons get paid. However as demonstrated, the system in place allows for some within to appear to have a hatred of the same and use the existing rules and regs as a tool to impose their hatred, that then makes the rules appear to be a comedy act.

Nice and helpful Barry and keep taking people to court on a regular basis’s who break the law. Laws that help to sustain the fisheries we have here. I cannot say for one second that all SFC are the same but fortunately for me and many others I have nothing but admiration for what ours do.

Flapper.

The two day hearing in Weymouth concluded yesterday with no conclusion due to the time it took to go through all of the witnesses in the case. While the case has now been heard and completed there remains legal argument before a final decision will be made. That hearing will be held on the 5th of March 2011 at Bournemouth magistrate’s court.

With regard the question of SSFC information well their web site has not been updated since 2006 and has very little information, but as Leon points out this will all change from April this year when the IFCAs take over the SSFC.

Tight lines Bob

Publication2_zpsthmtka6c.jpg