This Weekend

shajw10

Hello everyone.

Its absolutley hammering it down outside and I'm at work 7am to 7pm all weekend. Still cant stop staring out of the window wishing I was fishing.

Anyone braved the elements this weekend with a story to share.

If I cant do it then I may aswell read about it.

Thanks everyone for fascinating me with your topis and postings - Great site

Well the weather's been very benign down here! I'm just back from a pleasant day's grayling fishing. 32 fish plus a dozen nice roach from a surprisingly uncoloured river. No monster's, though 4 of the grayling were over a pound by an ounce or two and 5 more just under by the same margin...

Best part of the day was helping a young lad catch his first grayling. He turned up with carp rod 12lb line and a waggler outfit and struggled in the fast water to keep his float from sinking. Anyway he saw me with my match rod a centre-pin and came over to have a look. He asked some intelligent questions and seemed genuinely thrilled when I caught a couple of 12oz fish.

It transpires this is his first visit to the river having been brought up on the local carp puddles. So I gave him a stick float and a packet of barbless 16's hook to nylons (He was using about 6 maggots on a size 6 :rolleyes: ). I showed him how it was important to hold the float back against the current and put him into my swim.

10 minutes later and he's had not one but two grayling. Which make both of us ridiculously happy :D

I leave him to it with the words "Corr, Thanks, Mister" ringing in my ears. :D

Chris

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

could have done with either Alan(nl)or Newts boats today, and flippers and goggles,not much fun doing home visits in torrential rain.Saw an inflatable father xmas and a large snowman :D:D floating in some one's front garden looked really weird. a very sooggy nursejudy. :P:P

time for bed said florence.

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

i tend to wash my nets out in the bath. i leave them to soak for 10/20 mins. then i put fresh water in with a little bit of smelly detegeant give them a good rub then hoze them down with the shower head shake them outside then hang them.... :P

Chris Plumb:

Best part of the day was helping a young lad catch his first grayling. He turned up with carp rod 12lb line and a waggler outfit and struggled in the fast water to keep his float from sinking. Anyway he saw me with my match rod a centre-pin and came over to have a look. He asked some intelligent questions and seemed genuinely thrilled when I caught a couple of 12oz fish.

It transpires this is his first visit to the river having been brought up on the local carp puddles. So I gave him a stick float and a packet of barbless 16's hook to nylons (He was using about 6 maggots on a size 6    :rolleyes:   ). I showed him how it was important to hold the float back against the current and put him into my swim.

10 minutes later and he's had not one but two grayling. Which make both of us ridiculously happy   :D  

I leave him to it with the words "Corr, Thanks, Mister" ringing in my ears.    :D  

Chris

That's what it's all about really isn't it - that would have made it a worthwhile day even without catching your own fish.

Sadly however many anglers will never now get to experience this pleasure unless they get some piece of paper to state they're qualified to do it

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.