palamar knot good for mono

J.K

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup to using knotless knot w/o a hair. Called a snell knot in the US. Works great.

Otherwise I tend to use the palomar for most any knot I need be it tying on a lure or placing a hook partway up a leader/hooklength.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Palomar for me too.

Paul

Palomar has worked just fine for me for a very long time.

Testing them to breaking point has never yet produced a failed knot. (except with Berkely Vanish, which was rubbish anyway)

D.G. What are your views on the Palomar then? It's a knot I've every confidence in for use with mono and so simple to tie.

Rob, you've got me baffled here. Are you saying that you pass the doubled line through the eye twice i.e. effectively there are four lengths of line through the eye? Must be a nightmare to tie up and tighten. :confused:

Paul

Paul_D:

Rob, you've got me baffled here. Are you saying that you pass the doubled line through the eye twice i.e. effectively there are four lengths of line through the eye? Must be a nightmare to tie up and tighten. :confused:

Yup that's basically it, it's not as easy as the normal Palomar to tie but it's easier than a Grinner - just make sure you moisten it. It's also very secure and I have total confidence in that knot now.

Rob Ward:

Rob Ward:

Must be a nightmare to tie up and tighten. :confused:

Yup that's basically it, it's not as easy as the normal Palomar
You're a better man than me Rob, I've tried and it was a nightmare, but the straightforward Palomar has always worked for me.