cucumber

sparrowhawk

I've caught Roach on baked beans and bits of canned carrot. I simply offered it to them over a few days and they took to it first time I fished with it on a hook. I reckon they,ll eat anything given the chance to sample it first. I see no reson why they wouldn't take a small chunk of cucumber.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

I have caught a few small carp upto 3lbs on baked beans at a comercial,just rinse the sauce off before setting out it gets a bit messy if you dont,hey just had a thought perhaps add the sauce to some breadcrumb might work. :)

I have wrestled with reality for 46 years,still wrestling.

You'll be fascinated to learn that on March 14 1971 a teenager from King's Lynn, Norfolk, by the name of Neville Fickling took a 21 lb-plus pike from the Relief Channel on a herring soaked overnight in cucumber juice. Even back then it was well known to locals that smelts were superb pike baits on the fen drains and Neville was attempting to synthesise what was then a rarity deadbait (the only one we could get our hands on in those days were ones we caught on rod and line from the tidal Great Ouse).

Fluke? Probably. Pike like herrings anyway. My biggest fen pike to a herring, sans cucumber, weighed over 25 lb.

But you have to admire Neville's pioneering spirit. Later in 1971 he broke the zand record twice... and in 1985 he broke the pike record on the River Thurne with a 40-plus... to real smelt.

If he carries on that like he'll be famous one day.

Fenboy