What Bits Do You Hate....?

Guest Wordbender

• 6 months later...

Andy thanks for digging out one of Tels classic threads! smile.gif It made me laugh reading it all again biggrin.gif I know it wandered a bit but I think threads like this really show AN at its best.Fun,Serious disscussion,Argument,Reconcilliation and back to laughter! Where is Ray now?

Baillifs !

Yes I do always have the licences, but I hate it when they:

Never turn up when there are a bunch of a**e h***s who obviously don't have licences on the water.

Always turn up when you're in the middle of the river catching chub that you've managed not to spook and then demand that you walk to the bank to show your licences.

Always have opinions about what you should do with any pike or zander that you catch but dont seem to be able to accept that if you do what they want, then you should also extend your extermination to other lure (and hence fish) chomping predators like chub and perch or better yet to nasty non-native invaders like barbel.

Who never ever turn up after a match and inspect the water so they can fine clubs who leave litter.

I hate rats n ducks and i really hate snakes.

And the thing i hate most is spiders eek.gif

All this hate frown.gif Check out the thread i just put on the chat forum.

Bretty smile.gif

Guest FishingMad2001

BOATS! I hate them! I live in Ireland and I fish the shannon regularly. Huge crusiers that stick to the far bank thinking there doing u a favour! Sometimes it gets really annoying when they deliberatly speed up as they pass you and create huge waves. Ive lost count the amount of times ive swore and made vlugar jestures to them!

smile.gif

------------------

Tyrone

Happy angling

Guest ALAN FAWCETT

Hi Tel

I hate people with no licences and this one old dear who sits in her living room watching me set up,bait up n start fishing then comes down to the edge of her back garden smiles at me and proceedes to throw her kitchen scraps all over my fu**ing swim!!Last time i thought i'd fish down by the bridge (220yrds down from her garden) 20mins after i started fishing i look up at the bridge low and behold there she is,smile throw in kitchen scraps i swear the old cow dose'nt like anglers frown.giffrown.gif

Is this britains oldest anti???shes about 82!

------------------

you've gotta sleep sometime!

Alan (trogg) F

mailto:Alan_Dian@go-fishing.co.ukAlan_Dian@go-fishing.co.uk

Guest Richard L

Wow! This is a fast growing thread - it was even here before I went out for dinner!

May as well join in:

1. Swans: 400yds of empty water and they just have to swim up and down in front of you.

2. When you've spent half an hour stalking some chub on a tiny side stream only to have some lardy pratt stomp up behind you and enquire if "you've caught anyfink mate?"

3. Litter in any form

4. Cormorants

5. Speeding boats

6. Signal crayfish - unless I'm eating them.

7. Driving eighty miles to fine that, on two miles of river bank, the only other angler on the river is the one swim you wanted to fish in.

8. Having slogged your guts out, fishing expertly and diligently for no result, getting home and the other half patting you patronisingly on the head and saying, "Your not really very good at this, are you?"

Guest ALAN FAWCETT

Oh yeah and match anglers who grab the fish wrench it off the hook then throw it into their net and when the match is over stand bolt upright and litterally throw the fish from the net back into the water!! frown.giffrown.gif:angry:

------------------

you've gotta sleep sometime!

Alan (trogg) F

mailto:Alan_Dian@go-fishing.co.ukAlan_Dian@go-fishing.co.uk

Guest The Tangler

With me it has to be canoe's on my last 4-5 river trips i've had my line caught up by them. rolleyes.gif On one trip I had a 2 man canoe come past me and catch my line ( this on a straight section of the bank and you can see for about 30 yards each way) I got no apology from them. mad.gif Then about an hour later I saw them coming back and placed a large hard ball of groundbait in my catterpult just in case. Sure enough they kept tight to my side of the river and went straight in to my lines ( i was using braid on one rod) mad.gifmad.gif when I had a go at them one stuck 2 fingers up at me so that was it out whent my ball of groundbait just missing the man who stuck his fingers up at me. if i see them again it will NOT be groundbait I fire at them this time. wink.gif

------------------

http://thetangler.homestead.com

[This message has been edited by The Tangler (edited 02 February 2001).]